Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Driving from Antalya to Kalkan  (Read 4617 times)

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Driving from Antalya to Kalkan
« on: February 10, 2008, 11:19:41 AM »
We have some guests renting our villa early summer driving from Antalya to Kalkan. Does anyone have any idea what the roads are like. We have only used Dalaman so can''t help them directly. It doesn''t help that they are arriving at night and have never been to Turkey before!! Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1106.0

Offline Davs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Driving from Antalya to Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »
Hi msr
Me and my other half drove from Kalkan to Antalya and return in one day for the first and only time last summer. It took about 3.5 hrs each way and we found the roads generally in decent repair and okay to navigate. We took the mainly coastal route through Kas, Finike, Kemer to Antalya. Its a fairly twisty route at certain points and I have to say we were both exhausted on the return trip following a full day''s retail therapy. We had originally planned to stay overnight in Antalya but for various reasons did not. The usual precautions apply. Take your time, watch out for crazy drivers and the unexpected such as wandering animals and unlit farm trucks, tractors and motorbikes. Also keep an eye out for the ever diligent traffic police.
 :)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »
msr why don''t you check out Addatours for a price for collecton from Antalya and a car waiting for them at the villa for their arrival.  We flew this way once to Kalkan and got Adda to collect us. It really was quite a long journey and not one I''d want to repeat (especially driving myself) after a 4 hour flight.  I think you''ll find that there isn''t a huge amount in the price costs and in my opinion any difference would be very much worth it especially if it''s a night flight. 

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »
We have driven from Antalya to Kalkan - but the quickest and most direct rout is across the mountains via Korkuteli - it is just as spectacular as the coastal route as you pass through some really beautiful mountain roads and across a lovely plain - mind you spectacular is probably of not a lot of interest if they are arriving at night and just want to get there!!  The roads were very good and the straight bit across the plain is just marvellous!

The drive took around 3 hours - maybe a bit less - and you do pass through some towns if you need to stop for any reason and we found that road deserted - we did it in February and there was snow around and sometimes the road looked a little icy so we were careful because I don''t think gritting lorries make it up there  ;D ;D but that won''t be a problem in early summer - so if they like driving - I''m sure it will be fine....but as Charlie says - best to check out the cost of a transfer coz the petrol is quite expensive!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 03:38:21 PM »
If you book your airport transfer via EnjoyKalkan from Antalya to Kalkan you will also receive a 10% discount on car rental - may be a good option for you?

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 03:43:40 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I will pass on with the recommendation that they book a transfer and have a car waiting in Kalkan if this is what they want. Wait for it, - they are flying from New Zealand via Berlin, I cannot imagine after a flight of that length getting into a hire car, in a country they have never been to and driving for 3 hours in the dark!!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »
Does sound a bit crazy...but heyho - it will possibly be their daytime so they might just want to drive it..!!   ;D ;D

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »
Hi
They can go over the mountains in the summer...about 3 hours...but it is not sign posted very well!
Em
Em

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Driving from kalkan to Antalya

Started by Kalkankiwi on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post August 13, 2008, 06:56:47 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Driving from Antalya to Kalkan

Started by sandarra on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post October 07, 2008, 09:55:48 PM
by sandarra
xx
Driving from Antalya to Kalkan best route?

Started by hobbo on Flights and Travel

10 Replies
Last post March 16, 2013, 09:06:31 AM
by DRBD
moved
MOVED: Driving from Antalya to Kalkan

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post October 07, 2008, 08:21:23 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Sunset 1.JPG

Views: 3015
By: Lindy
Cafe Vita