Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dolmus  (Read 3698 times)

Offline slodge

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Dolmus
« on: April 10, 2008, 07:04:17 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a Dolmus that runs from Fethiye to Kalkan and is so how often and the approx cost.  In the back of my mind i think it may go via Saklikent.

thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1350.0

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: Dolmus
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 07:31:16 AM »
There is a half hourly service, on the half hour,  operated by Bati Antalya which runs from Fethiye Otogar. The journey time is approx 1 hour and 20 minutes and the service goes via Kinik, not Saklikent. Earlier this year, the cost was 8 ytl, one way. The first bus leaves Fethiye at 7.30 a.m. and the last goes at 5.30 p.m.

Lantana

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »
Normal Dolmus services to Kas seem to be a bit of mystery since they were moved to the new bus station. There are no times posted, nor is it clear if the dolmus passes through the village to or from Kas to pick up passenegrs. We always used to prefer the Bati Antalya service to Kas which was a more comfortable bus, but they have no times posted in the their office, nor have we ever seen any one in it to give out information. We have just returned home from Kalkan, and whilst this time had a hire car, this will not always be the case. The only advice people were giving was to stand on the main Kas road above Adda Tours office and see what comes along. This is not good advice to be giving to guests who stay in our apartment who will not want to stand in the hot sun.
Does anyone have any info on how this all works now?

Offline slodge

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 07:37:01 AM »
Is this a dolmus or a coach.  Is it a bookable service or do you just turn up and hope to get on.  Can anyone give me clues as to where the pick up point is.  i only really know the harbour and market area

thanks

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 08:49:18 AM »
The service from Fethiye is a minibus, operated by Bati Antalya, a large transport company. The route is from Fethiye to Antalya, a distance of about 200 miles. The dolmus services also use minibuses but operate locally, covering shorter routes and are privately and often individually owned. In many towns the municipality also runs several bus routes but because of the size of Kalkan, that does not happen here.
 To catch the bus from Fethiye to Kalkan, the easiest thing to do is go to the bus staion, called in Turkish ''otogar'' . This is centrally located and well signposted.  Depending where you are in Fethiye, you can either walk to the otogar or catch one of the many local dolmuses . the local dolmus service always has sign in the front window saying where it is going.

The Fethiye Kalkan service is not bookable. you just turn up but the only time it is ever full is for the first bus at 7.30 which carries workers to their various destinations along the route.

The Kalkan kas service operated by Bati Antalya from the bus staion here is a half hourly service, on the half hour. In addition there are other local dolmuses which serve this route. If you aim to be at Kalkan otogar at twenty past or ten to the hour, you will never have long to wait for the Kas service.
 Lantana

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
DOLMUS

Started by PACHSU on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 06:06:07 PM
by digi_dave
xx
Dolmus

Started by Vally on Flights and Travel

9 Replies
Last post September 28, 2016, 07:46:48 AM
by Sezkalkan
xx
DOLMUS BUS TIMETABLE

Started by streety on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 01, 2013, 03:04:29 PM
by streety
xx
kalkan dolmus

Started by katmanjock on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post August 04, 2008, 08:59:37 PM
by katmanjock

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal