Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dolmus Service  (Read 3592 times)

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Dolmus Service
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:29:27 PM »
Just back from our first visit this year. Sadly the Dolmus service is a bit werd this year. they are not running the service from the village and you now have to go to the bus station to get to Patara or Kas. When we arrived on 18th May we tried to get to Patara, there was a dolmus going around the town sounding his horn and the idea was that he would pick you up and take you to the bus station I never saw this again during our stay. We got on but many people wouldnt because they didn't know where he was going. When we got to the bus station there was a party of 8 people (First Timers) who had walked up. They took 10 lira each from us but gave no tickets. The newbies were obviously concerned & did not want to part with their money & were also concerned how they would get back. A private 8 seater van arrived (Not Dolmus) and the 8 people got in. They then opend the boot & pushed myself & my partner in. On reflection we should have refused. It was airless in the back and obviously there were no seat belts.
When we got to Patara the party of 8 said that they wanted to return at 2.00pm We wanted to return at 5.00pm we the argued that we had no tickets to get back. He also charged everyone 5 tkl for entrance fee which again the party of 8 were worried about. The Driver had bought a ticket for 7.5 tkl for 10 entries and obviously pocketed the rest. I know it's only 5 tkl but people worry about parting with money. The driver eventually gave us 10tkl back for our return journey and told us to use the Kas/Kalkan Dolmus for our return journey which we did.

2 Days later my partner decided to go to Patara. There was no lift to the bus station so had to walk. Got to the bus station at 10.45am and waited till almost 12.00 to get on the Dolmus. Had 3 changes of Dolmus before reaching Patara and 2 changes on the way back.
At this stage we decide to get a car for the rest of our holiday which is a shame because we usually like the Dolmes experience & this obviously adds an expense to our holiday.
We spoke to a lot of people who said that they were not prepared to walk up to the bus station & would probably not bother with trips.
I spoke to several locals who though that maybe the Taxi drivers had somethig to do with it. They also said they felt sorry for the more elderly visitors that would not be able to make it to the bus station.
I do hope that they do a u turn & re start the village pick up but meanwhile we will be budgeting for a car hire for future visits.

M

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11157.0

Offline jooles168

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Dolmus Service
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 12:58:22 PM »
 >:(Oh no this is really bad as they are so convenient.  Don't fancy hopping on and off buses on the way to Patara?????  Did you find out why this is happening?

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »
Dont forget you dont need to go to the bus station for the Kas service.If easier/nearer just walk to the end of the Gempa road and there is a sheltered bus stop on the D400.

Offline jacqueline

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 03:42:19 PM »
this seems so odd.. if people can't get to the bus station easily and subsequently take no trips then everyone loses in the  in the long run.. (We normally end up taking a taxi back from town to Kalamar after day trips once the good intentions of walking back have evaporated).  As for going into town, first year I have booked a villa therefore no hotel courtesy bus to use.. Bad timing for me....To be honest, had I known about the bus situation wouldn't have gone at all. Be very, very sensible to reinstate the village pick-up and the kalamar/kalkan dolmus. Sure people will think twice about going if they have to budget for cars and even more taxis. Not a good time to be asking folks to part with lots of cash.....................

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 04:28:55 PM »

Sadly the dolmus service never seemed to make much money

It may have only been full [ 14 people at 2.50TL each ] for three / four trips a day and many times it ran empty

Maybe the Belediye should subsidise it, but they don't seem to bother[ as a council ] that much about tourists and how to treat them

Or am I wrong again ??

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 05:02:41 PM »
Make you right  >:(
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline EK Moderator

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »
Can I remind people to keep on topic please. I have started a new Thread regarding the Refuse collection and moved it to the Owners lounge Section.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Dolmus service

Started by mark on Living In Kalkan

17 Replies
Last post November 07, 2010, 12:18:53 PM
by fidimax
xx
New Dolmus service

Started by Kalkan regular on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post August 05, 2010, 07:26:30 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
A Dolmus service for Kalkan?

Started by felicity on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post January 20, 2008, 03:25:37 PM
by Cruisecontroller
xx
Dolmus

Started by slodge on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post April 11, 2008, 08:49:18 AM
by Lantana

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Meis

Views: 2930
By: JenJen
Kapsa kitten