Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Car from Airport or transfer and car hire?  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Csardas

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Car from Airport or transfer and car hire?
« on: May 22, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »
1st timers, arriving at Dalaman 14:45 and departing 23:55. My husband is quite confident about driving abroad but not sure what the roads,night driving etc is like in Turkey. It seems we will have to hire a car because of the villa''s position or get taxis all the time.

Which would you advise? The villa owners have arranged a transfer for £150 return (4 adults, 4 cases) but I''ve found car hire from the airport and return, with enough room for us and our cases, for £208! It seems unlikely that we would manage to hire even a little car in Kalkan for the price difference of £58.

Please help!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3528.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Car from Airport or transfer and car hire?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 01:16:49 PM »
i''d go for the car if you are a way out and need it daily..you land in daylight hours so things won''t be too bad ..by the time you return you will be more confident to drive at night having used the car for your stay,plus you can have days out in the smashing area of Kalkan and it''s surroundings ;)

you still have the option of occasional taxis should the driver wish to booze!!
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Car from Airport or transfer and car hire?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »
We always hire a car from the airport and drive ourselves. It''s a straighforward drive, the route is simple and you don''t have to drive through any large towns. Beware the speed Police (90Km/hr) and assume other road drivers might not obey the rules and you will be ok.

You might get an even better deal with a Kalkan car hire company if you email Emin at info@enesrentacar.net he might give you a better price. They deliver the car to the airport. Adda cars advertising on this site also may give you a better price and also deliver to the airport I believe.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Airport transfer

Started by leeh on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post June 11, 2012, 06:29:03 PM
by Charlie
xx
airport transfer

Started by yakamoz on Arrange a Transfer Share

0 Replies
Last post August 08, 2017, 03:48:45 PM
by yakamoz
xx
Transfer from Antalya Airport

Started by sue dixon on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 01, 2010, 04:37:42 PM
by sue dixon
xx
Safe Airport Transfer

Started by dshiels on Flights and Travel

28 Replies
Last post February 28, 2012, 04:47:18 PM
by dshiels

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal