Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Car availability at short notice  (Read 2293 times)

Offline BYBV

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Happy Holidays!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Car availability at short notice
« on: September 18, 2012, 05:02:40 PM »
Hi all, we're coming over for 2 weeks in August next year (5 of us) and we're planning fo get a transfer from Dalaman and maybe hire a car for the odd day or two in Kalkan to go and see the sights.  We can see the avaiaibility and costs of cars but can anyone tell us wether cars for the local companies get booked up so we'll struggle to get one for a couple of days at short notice during the busy period.

Thanks,
Tim.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10183.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Car availability at short notice
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 09:18:15 AM »
yes, you will struggle in August for short notice availability, particularly for the odd day here and there. Last year one of our Turkish friends helped us out when we couldn't get a car at short notice, so we were lucky. I would contact the firm in advance and book your odd days - i know it takes away the spontaneity but you can be spontaneous on all the other days ;D We find the firm we transfer with will always offer you a good deal.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »
Agree with K4E.  We always hire a car from the airport as we like the convenience of having a car for the whole holiday and by the time we offset the car hire charge again transfer costs plus what we would spend on a few days car hire, it doesn't work out too much more.

On our first holiday to Kalkan however, we had airport transfers and tried to book a car for a few days in Kalkan and couldn't get one at all.

Book ahead with car hire and boat trips in August.

Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline BYBV

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Happy Holidays!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 10:49:52 AM »
Thanks for the information.  We'll book in advance as suggested.

Cheers,
Tim.

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »
I must admit I go with the car hire from the start route & never used a transfer whenever we've been on holiday wherever we go. We love our freedom to go where & when we like. Mrs P leave it all up to me what we do, hence all my research and questions, if we get up and I ask her where shall we go I know the stock answer is "I don't mind", with a car outside we can go to Xanthos or Patara or Fethiye at a drop of a hat. Of late we've used Dalaman Cars who are based at a petrol station just outside the airport and found them to be very customer friendly and the cars very good. The price certainly costs in with any transfer charges. Plus once you hit the D400 it's just one road all they way through so you can't get lost.  It's on my booking list, find villa, find flights, book car....holiday sorted.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Help please - short notice accommodation

Started by Helshe on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post May 07, 2013, 06:12:59 PM
by Helshe
exclamation
Important Etiquette Notice

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Whats Not

0 Replies
Last post September 25, 2018, 05:54:56 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
May last min availability

Started by hobbo on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

0 Replies
Last post April 09, 2017, 12:57:49 PM
by hobbo
xx
Notice to all property and/or business owners in Kalkan

Started by MartynE on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 09:47:58 AM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal