Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Airline?  (Read 6622 times)

Offline Gaynor Chandler

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Best Airline?
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:02:40 PM »
We booked our flight with Thomas Cook for our visit in June this year.  The plane couldn't have been smaller - the leg room was atrocious and I am only 5'1" - my husband 6'.  Does anybody know of a more comfortable airline to chose for our visit next year?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5995.0

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Best Airline?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:37:46 PM »
We now use Easyjet - just better on many levels, times are better, (this is from manchester) not in the middle of night and the leg room does seem to a bit better. I hate having to use Thomas cook

Isis

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »
good flight times and no problems with easyjet from Gatwick

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »
Agree, would always choose Easyjet if possible, but flew Saga last time and wasnt too bad.

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »
We also use Easy Jet.  My OH is 6'6" so we pay for speedy boarding & hope to get an overwing emergency exit seat. When we fly shorter distances with EJ we don't bother with speedy boarding.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 06:14:30 PM »
Does anyone know when Easyjet and Saga August 2011 flights will be released to book on line ???

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 07:08:55 PM »
We have just booked flights with Jet2 from Manchester - Dalaman for this September.  It was £8.99 extra each way for extra legroom so we've booked that.  I'm 5'10 and my boyfriend is 6' and we really suffered flying with Monarch last year!  So much so that I've refused to fly with them again.  I didn't find Thomas Cook too bad last time we used them but I suppose it depends on the plane used.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »
We usually fly Easyjet but not sure we will again. After a superb week in Kalkan we got to Dalaman on the 17th July and were standing in the check in for our flight to Gatwick, when a rumour went around that the flight had been cancelled. About 10 minutes later it showed up as cancelled on the flight board.

What followed next was hours of absolute shambles that would take pages to describe properly but in brief

40 mins of no information then one small quietly spoken rep turns up and tries to address the 200 or so passengers. The information was there is no information

Later we are told there were 20 seats on the Manchester flight, but not how to change our booking by the time we had managed to speak to an Easyjet rep these were long gone.

We were then invited to go to the Easyjet office to rebook our flights,  the only option given was to rebook on other Easyjet flights over the next 3 days; the  next possibly available flight was on Sunday night into Bristol.

We had to be back in work on Monday so had to make our own arrangements, I called the UK offices of the next flight out that evening and 10 mins later had a booking for a Thompson flight to Birmingham leaving in about 45mins.

The people we left behind were still trying to get information out of Easyjet's "reps" (three staff who spent their time chatting to each other and seemed irritated by people asking for information). There was still no information about accommodation arrangements for the night or provision of refreshments.

When we got on the Thompson flight we were surprised to find a wide body jet with around 100 empty seats, the stewardess said there were plenty of seats out of Dalaman that evening on other flights but Easyjet would rather get you home days late than transfer you to another airline.

When we got to Birmingham we then had to get a taxi back to Croydon.

Total cost of the trip home for the three of us was over £700, so unless you are prepared to accept the possibility of being stranded abroad for days or spending a lot of money to get home, I would avoid Easyjet.

Regards

Alan

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:49:43 PM »
Also a fan of jet2 having flown with them to Dalaman earlier this year.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
We also flew jet2 this year to Turkey , first time we have flown with them and was very impressed with the amount of legroom and service with them.
Nicky

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 10:55:54 PM »
Hi

Easy jet are a little better. The best I have found is British Airways to Antalya, business class is just about affordable if you book as soon as the tickets are for sale.

Em
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:37:47 PM by Em1 »
Em

Offline BlackSnake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »
Can't beat Turkish Airlines :)

Offline HoneyBunny

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 01:48:15 PM »
Flew with jet2 in June from Newcastle - no problems. Compared to easyjet I reckon there's slightly more leg/bum space. Flights on time both ways, good flight times too. Also get 22kgs of hold luggage (20 kgs with eayjet) and 10kgs hand luggage (which is quite a lot really - half a normal caseload). Also got a £5 off voucher on your boarding pass when you spent £25 on board - I know not important to everyone bout meant we got 200 Marlboro for £20. For me personally, jet2 just has the edge. But depends on who flies out of your nearest airport.

Hope this helps. xoxxo

Offline Lancs lass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 03:19:18 PM »
Wow, such in-depth knowledge of the airline there Jinodani  >:D

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 05:31:30 PM »
Hi friends,
I like Air New Zealand and they are directly 53 cities in 16 countries, including 26 destinations within New Zealand.Its fleet of 777s and 747s, which operate long-haul destinations. It has include Business Premier cabins featuring lie-flat beds and a comfortable Premium Economy cabin; an exclusive class of travel between Business Premier and Economy.

Thanks for this errrrrrrr useful information. Can I ask you do they do Glasgow to Dalaman ::) ???

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 05:41:06 PM »

Thanks for this errrrrrrr useful information. Can I ask you do they do Glasgow to Dalaman ::) ???

Itstime - you always make me laugh ... bet you get into trouble saying what others are thinking!
...I was wondering the same about Caridff to Dalaman ...
 ;)
if you can walk you can dance

Offline Rockykalamar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »
We fly Manchester - Dalaman, usually several times a year (including don't have much choice of airlines months!).

Who cares which is the best.. We go for the cheapest and as long as we land in at least one piece.. we know Kalakn is waiting for us! ::)

Offline Michael

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 01:22:14 PM »
We have just booked flights with Jet2 from Manchester - Dalaman for this September.  It was £8.99 extra each way for extra legroom so we've booked that.  I'm 5'10 and my boyfriend is 6' and we really suffered flying with Monarch last year!  So much so that I've refused to fly with them again.  I didn't find Thomas Cook too bad last time we used them but I suppose it depends on the plane used.

We flew with Monarch this year, the leg room was awful, and the engines on take off are so bloody noisey, i live near Gatwick, and you can tell a monarch without looking up.

So we will give them a miss next time, it looks like EZY

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 06:37:48 PM »
My best experiences by far have been with easyJet, although I do accept that their customer service is probably pants in a crisis - a bit like all the budget airlines  ;D

Further to the earlier question, any clues as to when the 2011 schedules and prices are likely to be available, particularly for the second half of the year?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 07:05:28 PM by Firecat »
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 07:04:05 PM »
up to today the calendar for Easyjet flights only went up to march 2011...today it goes up to september 2011....but when you click on a box comes up telling you it's november 1st for next years flights.....keep checking because they always say Nov but usually open earlier....last year we were booked by start of August so i can't see why the delay?... ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New airline from manchester

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post October 21, 2008, 05:29:45 PM
by sally
xx
Which airline.... and 2009!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Flights and Travel

37 Replies
Last post September 01, 2008, 01:58:49 PM
by Mister Barnacle
xx
saga airline

Started by itstime on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post December 04, 2009, 08:26:07 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Pegasus Airline

Started by Chris_S on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post January 06, 2018, 10:26:59 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

70''''s night at Kleo

Views: 3866
By: alisonh
70''''s night at Kleo