Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: BA are back!  (Read 9147 times)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: BA are back!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 05:10:39 PM »
To be fair, down on the Hampshire/Dorset border we term anyone north of Ringwood the "Northerners"  anything to the East "Londoners" and anyone West "Yokels". Luckily there is water between us and the Isle of Wight ("Islanders") or we'd be in real trouble.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 05:35:18 PM »
I had a look at BA and because we have had to change our dates to May half term and are coming back on the Saturday it would be £390 for just the return flight and £175 to get out. I think even easyjet will be a better deal than that.....anyone know when they are likely to release May dates?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 05:57:52 PM »
Usually the beginning of September.
Keep checking their website and try to enter your dates, or check in on here everyday, someone will post when they are out. Although from memory, they release different airports and different times - could they be more awkward..? We would like an early flight out but generally they only offer late flights when we want to go - cant have everything, I suppose ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 08:58:07 PM »
Babs, to be fair, the BA flights have been on sale for over a month and you are trying to go over the May half term. You will find that even EasyJet will be more expensive then rather than at other times when they are released.

Can I just mention that getting in very early on the day that they release the flights is essential. However, last year I was a little late on that day and found after I had booked mine that, 2 or 3 days later when I booked for friends that their flights were about a pound less than mine.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »
Hi cuddles.....have managed to book easyjet flights on the day they were released and am hoping to do that again. We normally travel during school term time but due to unforeseen circumstances (!?) we are going over half term......even so £175 plus £390 is ridiculous.....not even that in the summer months? Fingers crossed we can get our flights at a sensible price!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 09:25:58 PM »
Have just been looking at Thomas Cook flights for half term next week......no wonder people pay the fines to take their children out of school in term term! And that is coming from an ex teacher!

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »
Not only cheaper up North, but you aren't forced into the Stansted / Luton / Heathrow / Gatwick Hell-holes! (Not in order of ranking...).  Be grateful for small mercies!

I have to be careful here: Lancastrian in the house  :angel:

Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
You'd have to pay me to fly with Thomas Cook again....

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 02:03:30 PM »
Not only cheaper up North, but you aren't forced into the Stansted / Luton / Heathrow / Gatwick Hell-holes! (Not in order of ranking...).  Be grateful for small mercies!

You are surely not inferring that Manchester is better are you?!? Each year in Kalkan I hear tales from people who have flown from there, usually of the massive delays variety.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »
Having experienced a few UK Airports, Manchester is probably the best in my opinion....and as a Scouser it pains me to say it. We are hardly ever delayed there but then again, we never fly Thomas Cook any more so there could be a reason....?

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 10:23:12 AM »

You are surely not inferring that Manchester is better are you?!? Each year in Kalkan I hear tales from people who have flown from there, usually of the massive delays variety.

In short Yes.

Can't comment on delays - this depends as much on the airline as the airport - Charters are more likely to be delayed than scheduled, and some worse than others (you know who they are).  All to do with the planned turnaround time, inconsiderate passengers (whichever end of the trip) and the ground handling.

Just looking at airports, Stansted is a so-and-so to get to unless you live within the M11 corridor; Luton couldn't organise a party in a brewery (and how many other airports can you think of that charge you £2 non-returnable for a trolley?) to say nothing of checking in on one side and then walking back the way you've just come in to go to the weird world of departures (and there are even more strange things about Luton that I could say); Heathrow is just a nightmare to get to, to say nothing of expensive to get to; and Gatwick has always felt like it has too many people, too few runways and too many signs to find the one you want - just feels like they wish you weren't there so they can get more customers in.

Makes Dalaman seem like an oasis of calm.

Now if only I could fly by personal jet .... ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 10:33:36 AM »
Dalaman may seem like an oasis of calm compared to inept UK airports....but it will soon empty your pockets!! :o :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 01:01:03 PM »
Exclusive Escapes do a private jet, but you dont get Duty Free.....?
I suppose if you can afford the private jet you won't care about the tax savings on booze and fags ::)

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »
You can do it by private jet, but they're few and far between on the cheap!

The trick is to get on the empty return flight (or the empty 'pick-up' flight) where the charter people will be grateful for something to offset the cost (not to mention the owner!).

You just have to fill it up to get the best value.

Of course this may be a good reason to stay a couple of extra months in Kalkan, waiting for the empty return flight.

Then again, you may never get home.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Just back

Started by alshepuk on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post June 01, 2010, 02:21:05 PM
by alshepuk
xx
Just got back!

Started by east on Holiday Reports and Reviews

34 Replies
Last post September 19, 2010, 10:45:33 PM
by Kefgirl
xx
I'm back !

Started by fidimax on Introduce Yourself

17 Replies
Last post February 22, 2013, 05:16:47 PM
by fidimax
xx
Just got back!

Started by HTC HD on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post August 09, 2011, 11:34:15 AM
by HTC HD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal