Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Autumn flights  (Read 13370 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Autumn flights
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 10:24:37 AM »
I echo all the comments on Turkish Airlines - just wish it was a direct flight.  our trip back had a 5 hour layover 4am - 9 am.... desperate!

any news on Easyjet dates......

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:32 PM »
Departing 0750 sounds good - if you're local!

0750 - arrive LGW 0450 (as recommended - especially if one of you use assistance), 2 hours travelling to LGW plus 30 minutes to allow for the Highways Agency road closures to collect McDonalds packaging from the M25, 0220 - plus an hour to get ready (assuming no last-minute panics), 0150.

So you have to get up (assuming you bother at all) at 0150, latest.  Frankly, I had enough of that when I was working.

Doesn't make for an exciting remainder of the day, trying to stay awake, after the usual holiday day-before rushing around getting everything done.

I await Turkish Airlines doing London-Dalaman with eager interest, even though their flights will, like Pegasus, originate from Turkey and thus the return flight will be our outbound.  Providing the times and costs are reasonable, I see no issues with that.  They only have to have the one thing BA lack - on-board service! >:D
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 07:45:52 PM »
I also would welcome Turkish airlines direct flights.   I haven't yet had the courage to try via Istanbul.

We used to use Thomas Cook but their flights out from Gatwick became far too early, hardly worth going to bed, especially if like me, you want to be at the airport in really good time.

We have taken to using BA, their flight out is mid afternoon so not a rush in early morning, half asleep.   Coming back at about 9.30 at night gives lots of extra time in Kalkan before departure.   Downside is it is actually very late, morning really, before falling into bed in UK on return.   Also for some reason I have taken to getting cramp in my legs when flying late at night, despite how much extra leg room is obtained.   

So bring it on Turkish airlines but please at sensible flying times so it feels part of the holidaym not an ordeal to be got through.
Trouble is I have already booked our flights for next year.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 05:37:07 AM »
That is the only downside re Turkish Airlines flights to & from the UK, have caught the early flight from Dalaman with only a short stop over before flight to LGW which isnt bad but you have to be nippy on your toes & fingers x'd for quick international passport control checks etc as the ques can be very long & you cant afford any flight delays for connecting flights.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 03:15:58 PM »
Easy jet Autumn flights released next Wednesday November 22nd.

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »
Brilliant - thank you!

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 10:27:42 PM »
I cannot come to terms with the massive flight costs in travelling to dalaman these days. We have been going out for 15 years and never had to pay these ridiculous prices. I look at equivalent costs to fly to Lanzarote, an identical flight time, and could get a return flight for just over £100 to get fab weather and fantastic flight times.

Why are they so expensive?

We have a property in Kalkan but are finding it hard to justify flying out there for a week at a time now which is all we can manage right now due to work etc..

Taking into account transfer costs from the airport it costs us almost £1000 to visit our property for one week. I travelled to Malaga recently for £80/return, a 3 hour flight, and looking at prices from our local airport  I could get there every weekend in the next  month for under £500 for 4 trips.

I cannot understand it.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2017, 07:31:49 AM »
Think the answer is book your flights as early as possible. We got return flights from Stansted to Dalaman for next July £90 each with Easy jet.We only take hand luggage so no additional cost. Usually book front row seats which ups the price, but if you just want the basic flight £90 is pretty good.

Offline sak46

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2017, 10:40:27 AM »
Hello

Thanks for the info re Easy Jet Flights being released next week, anyone know what time of day they release them - is it worth staying up Tuesday night/ Wednesday early morning.  ;D

Thanks for any  help

sak46

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2017, 11:48:50 AM »
Don't think it is worth staying up all night for! The last lot and the ones before that were about 5.30am. However if a lot of people log on at once the site tends to crash, so a little bit later may be better. However this is not set in stone EJ never give a precise time. But within a couple of hours of release they should still be a good price.

Offline sak46

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2017, 11:53:03 AM »
Thank you Msr

Kind regards    sak46

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2017, 05:56:49 AM »
Come on Easyjet...i have to get to work!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2017, 06:16:17 AM »

They are there now, on PC at least

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2017, 06:24:41 AM »
Not on my pc  ???

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2017, 06:26:33 AM »

They are there now, on PC at least

They have just disappeared, prices showing up on the lowest cost search but not when you try to book them.

I have not seen this before, perhaps they are having problems with the update.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 06:44:22 AM »
Total bust. Return flights were over 3x the price i paid for July. No way.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 06:57:48 AM »
We had our autumn 2018 flights booked with Monarch. On the morning they went t*ts up I immediately rebooked with J2. Paid C£700 for 2'plus hold luggage. This was was considerably more than the monarch flights were but hey-ho.

Out of curiosity I've just checked our EJ..........£609. Not exactly the bargain I'd expected!! They seem to be enticing you out on a cheapie then rinsing you on the return. Exploitation.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »
Just booked - 2 x return flights £111 each - excluding extra leg room seats, which I will book later - suppose it depends when you can fly, airports etc.  Good luck everybody.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2017, 10:06:50 AM »
I have to say I have found the whole experience exhausting!  I managed to get return flights for July at £100 in the last release, so I had great expectations for this release - but oh no, they have really taken advantage of the demise of Monarch.  When they eventually , but briefly appeared, they wanted £80+ to fly out and £140+ to fly back....the return flight was 3x what I'd paid in July!
AND this was all from Manchester which is not really on my doorstep!

Will wait for some offers in the new year,...if any of you spot a deal from Birmingham - please shout!!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2017, 11:13:03 AM »
I have to say I have found the whole experience exhausting!  I managed to get return flights for July at £100 in the last release, so I had great expectations for this release - but oh no, they have really taken advantage of the demise of Monarch.  When they eventually , but briefly appeared, they wanted £80+ to fly out and £140+ to fly back....the return flight was 3x what I'd paid in July!
AND this was all from Manchester which is not really on my doorstep!

Will wait for some offers in the new year,...if any of you spot a deal from Birmingham - please shout!!

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful. Getting up at 5am saved us around £160 versus booking at 9am, so worthwhile but not the bargain prices of years gone by.

It's definitely worth checking back as EJ prices often do come back down a bit after their initial rise. Or to save time and effort you could go on Skyscanner and set price alerts for your preferred route and dates.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
2012 flights, when are they released - good daytime flights wanted! Best airline

Started by emmabroadhurst on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post March 19, 2011, 09:23:35 AM
by Cuddles
xx
FLIGHTS

Started by Blue Lizard on Flights and Travel

35 Replies
Last post November 03, 2018, 06:55:45 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Oct flights.....

Started by onelove on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post October 04, 2011, 04:29:15 PM
by alisonh
xx
Flights.

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 04:18:37 PM
by Brooksie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bezigan Village

Views: 3132
By: frangaz16
Perge