Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone used new EVisa?  (Read 4844 times)

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Anyone used new EVisa?
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:20:17 AM »
I know that the subject of the new visa has been brought up before and I even started one thread, but can anyone who has used the new Evisa please help.

I personally would be happy to use the old system and pay my tenner at the airport, but a couple in our party keep mentioning about doing  the Evisa so I what I wanted to know was, once at Dalaman is it very clear to see which queue you join if you already have your Visa? Or, is there only one queue anyway which does visas and passport check all in one?

I realise that I will still have to wait for luggage so won't get out of the airport any quicker and I know it works out a bit dearer, but  I wanted to know exactly how it works so I could advise the others and then make a decision.

Hope this makes sense, but my brain is a bit muddled from trying to all the boring practical holiday things. What I really want to be doing is getting out in my garden to get my pre Kalkan tan!
Thanks
Suzyq1

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11323.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Anyone used new EVisa?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 10:13:20 AM »
We are debating this too as one of our daughters will need a visa but the rest if us are covered from when we last came in April. I too would welcome any feedback about the Evisa.  :)

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:56:28 AM »
if you have your visa then you just go to passport control :)

Offline muckyones

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »
We used the evisa on our trip last month - very quick, just go straight to passport control. One tip though - make sure you keep your print out as you will need to give it back as you leave.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 12:04:47 PM »
make sure you keep your print out as you will need to give it back as you leave.

So what happens if you want to go out again for another stay within the 90/180 days limits?
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 12:34:22 PM »
So what happens if you want to go out again for another stay within the 90/180 days limits?
I would assume that as it's an EVisa you would still have access to a copy on the internet to print back off and use again within those limits?
Although probably worth saving a copy on your computer just in case you need to reprint it.
B

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »
Just had a look and it's £27.99 compared to £10 at the airport. I know which one I'll be going for - that's nearly a whole extra meal out in Kalkan!!

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »
I think you'll find that that is the fee charged by a company to obtain the visa for you. These companies charge ridiculous amounts for obtaining passports, provisional driving licences etc. Do it yourself online for approx. £13.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »
Thanks for your advice re the Evisa. I certainly wouldn't pay £27.00 for one but might be worth it at an extra 3 pounds to save queuing up for just one of us.  :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 01:59:46 PM »
Yes I've found it now. For some reason it's 20 USD which is just over £13. Still £6 will buy a couple of drinks at the Moonlight bar!! I shall be queueing as usual I think. Hope your Monday isn't too awful Lizilu.

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 02:44:38 PM »
Thanks for all your replies. Knew I could depend on you all to help out.

Will now report back my findings to HQ and await the decision! To Evisa or not to Evisa!

Warning to all EK members - as my holiday approaches you may be hearing from me a lot! I promise to try and use the search facility before posting!

Hey Lizilu20, looks like we are sharing the same 2 weeks. We arrive very early hours so hopefully, fingers crossed no long delays and depending on when you land, we should be well through passport control and getting our first  feel of Kalkan even before you touch down! Failing that, if it it all goes wrong I'll see you in the queue! I'll be easily identifiable as the women trying to stop her OH from shoving the visa somewhere it really shouldn't be going!

Suzyq1

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
Thanks skunk, I'm plodding through my Monday - can just about see light at the end of the tunnel!! 4 and a half hours to go!!
Hey, Suzy - we are on the monarch flight from Manchester which lands about the same time as yours so would be lovely to bump into you. I'll be the one looking shattered and dishevelled no doubt, ushering 3 teenage girls and a grumpy OH in tow!  :o ;D 8)

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 04:48:50 PM »
I've just done the Evisa for our granddaughter, as ours are valid for our trip next month and she needs one; hopefully, it'll save time at Dalaman!

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 05:14:14 PM »
No used evisa, but a visa question if I may. We went out to Kalkan on 10th May this year  and intend to go out last week September for two weeks . If I understand the new visa process, we should be able to use the existing stamp. does anyone know if I have got this right, i.e visa now lasts 6 months from the last stamp date

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »
No used evisa, but a visa question if I may. We went out to Kalkan on 10th May this year  and intend to go out last week September for two weeks . If I understand the new visa process, we should be able to use the existing stamp. does anyone know if I have got this right, i.e visa now lasts 6 months from the last stamp date
yes it lasts 180 days (assuming you won't have stayed in Turkey for more than 90 days in the 180)
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »
Well I've just applied on line and printed off my Evisa. Was simple enough, but I couldn't see an option to continue to do rest of family so looks like I will have to do each family member separately and make 4 different payments.

Will do the others tomorrow when I have a bit more time to concentrate. Maybe I missed something? Anyone else find this?

Hi Lizilu, looks like you will be in a bit before us. We now don't arrive till 2am but I will certainly look out for a dishevelled, shattered  women with 3 stroppy teenagers and a grumpy OH, but something tells me there will be a few fitting that description! 

Suzyq1

Offline Skuza

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »
I used the new evisa in May. It was stamped, as was my passport on the way in and stamped again, as was my passport on the way out. I now have the same printout to use again for my trip in August. Easy.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 10:14:24 AM »
Daft question but I take it you pick the date you want it to start as opposed to being valid from the day it's requested?
Any links to the site please?
 ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 02:12:25 PM »
There's a link on KTLN - sorry, I'm no good at posting links!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 09:10:07 AM »
So....a few weeks further on what are people's feelings about e visas? Is it worth doing it online? my daughter travels in 2 weeks, I have heard that some days a few charter flights land at the same time so this may save standing in along queue? any thought please?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Evisa

Started by Mmm on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post November 02, 2014, 07:39:23 PM
by Mmm
xx
Transfer of existing evisa to new passport?

Started by Tomcat on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post June 26, 2014, 10:03:46 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Pure serenity!

Views: 4549
By: headroom
Aubergine