Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Alternatives to Thomas Cook  (Read 6005 times)

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Alternatives to Thomas Cook
« on: November 22, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
For anyone reading my other thread, you will know that I am trying to plan a holiday for May 2012.  Our only direct option for flights from Northern Ireland is Thomas Cook.  I can't even find anything Direct from Dublin.

Obviously given todays news I am concerned about the stability of Thomas Cook, although will probably go ahead and book flights anyway on credit card and if it does go into administration, claim our money back.  As we are booking accommodation separately and it is not a package holiday, then we will need to find another way to get there so our only other option is to connect somewhere in the UK. 

So I can start looking at other options and without trawling through every low cost carrier and every regional airport, I would really appreciate if you could all give me ideas of traditionally cheap routings to Dalaman, with which carrier and regional airport. 

From N Ireland we can connect quite easily with most UK regional airports (at least the main ones!) so all options should be open to us.

Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8816.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Alternatives to Thomas Cook
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »
We always use easyjet from Gatwick, they also fly from Stanstead. Good luck!

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 05:36:38 PM »
Thanks Babs.  Hopefully TC will be ok.  I can't imagine the holiday package carnage for next year if they went under.  The problem is it is the rumours and rumours of rumous that will kill them as people won't book with the uncertainty.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
I have already booked two visits to Kalkan next year with Thomas Cook.   I plan on hoping for the best and now concentrate on shopping for Christmas rather than panicking about next year's travel arrangements.    At least that is my plan but I couldn't resist a very quick peek at what other alternatives there might be! 

Thomas Cook have been around for so long it is difficult to imagine they won't recover from their present troubles even if they do have to close  high street branches.    Our high street branch never looks very busy these days and I suppose more and more people are booking on line.

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 08:40:41 AM »
We have a return flight booked for June and a package holiday booked for September with TC. Just hoping they will be able to trade throughout the winter and pick up in the busy holiday months. Fingers crossed. :o

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 08:54:13 AM »
When i heard TC was in danger of collapse i was devastated....i thought what about his poor mates Benny,Choo Choo,Spook and even officer Dibble? :P >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »
Monarch, from Manchester seem the best value for money for us this year.  Hope you find a good deal. :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 05:12:46 PM »
Jet2 seem to have had a real price hike this year, we have found EasyJet to be cheapest by far

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »
Have to agree with you Jon about Jet2. We were converts after flying with them in September last year but when it came to booking for this June, we couldn't believe how expensive they were compared to easyJet :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Thomas Cook

Started by misty on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post June 26, 2010, 10:31:41 AM
by Tatilde
xx
Thomas Cook again!

Started by Tatilde on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 05:40:25 PM
by Tatilde
xx
Thomas Cook

Started by taurus on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post August 16, 2014, 02:57:46 PM
by samson
xx
Thomas Cook

Started by Pompeyalbie on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post December 05, 2018, 12:12:26 AM
by Pompeyalbie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal