Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Alcohol on Onur Air?  (Read 3695 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Alcohol on Onur Air?
« on: May 19, 2008, 04:27:20 PM »
Hi,
Sorry to raise the thorny subject of Onur Air again ;)
We are flying out in less than three weeks and I know the airline no longer serves food as part of the price, but does it actually sell food and drink? When I say drink, I am of course referring to alcohol  :o
I''m a poor flyer and need to be bolstered by a few G&T''s to get through most flights and would need to arrange for an alternative sedative if alcohol isn''t available to buy :laugh:
thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1586.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Alcohol on Onur Air?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 04:38:11 PM »
Or if you flying from Gatwick you can buy mini bts of wine with glass- two for £5- got told off (ish) on Thomas Cook- but then we''d drunk it by then!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »
Yes Onur Air sell food - nicer food than they gave for free and alcohol - so you can deffo get your alcohol fix to get you through the flight..the prices (for the alcohol) are much the same as before - not too bad - I seem to remember £2 for the little bottles of wine you get and £1.50 for a beer..???;)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 05:40:48 PM »
wine will do the trick....Flying from Manchester, Mercimek, but that''s a great idea - I''ll look out for it as my stand-by  :) Thanks for letting me know there''s supplies on board Felicity! We''ve flown a few times with Egypt Air where no alcohol is served or sold on board.. :o  :o. It wasn''t a bad flight, but I spent the whole six hours on the edge of my seat, seatbelt intact, no loo break and glued to the pilots webcam being broadcast over the entertainment system. You could take your own alcohol on board (the days before liquids were confiscated at security) and you can bet I have for every flight I''ve done with that airline since  ;D

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:05:49 PM »
Been caught out a couple of times when they had run out of my favourite tipple, vodka. I think because it''s a Turkish airline therefore flight originates in Turkey and bar stocked up there. So if people on way from Dalaman drink the plane dry then it doesn''t get stocked up for return leg from Uk to Turkey. Might be talking nonsense though but do remember being a bit  :( when I couldn''t get a drink. Think I discreetly opened my duty free supplies which before anyone tells me off, I know is forbidden  ::)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 05:51:24 PM »
yet again Onur Air had no vodka in the in-flight bar on flight out to Dalaman  >:(

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
No Alcohol!!!!

Started by One sheet on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post June 29, 2018, 01:59:06 PM
by glyn
xx
Alcohol Prices

Started by Blue Lizard on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

30 Replies
Last post May 14, 2015, 12:19:05 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Alcohol options

Started by Solz on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post June 12, 2018, 10:40:07 AM
by Chris_S
recycled
alcohol query?

Started by ao1969 on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 22, 2010, 09:49:42 AM
by ao1969

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal