Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Airmiles flights  (Read 1977 times)

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Airmiles flights
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:44:31 PM »
I had hoped to use my airmiles for flights to Dalaman, although I've never, ever found any 'free' flights.  However, as I'm a teacher and can only go away in school holidays this isn't unduly surprising.  Now though Airmiles is turning into Avios in a couple of months and they will be adding charges and taxes to the cost of the flights.  They seem remarkably reluctant to give figures but apparently it cost £65 in charges to fly to Izmir at the moment.  I don't suppose Dalaman will be cheaper.
Has anyone been able to use airmiles to get here?  I'd be interested to know. 
Airmiles used to be such a good deal.  I remember buying about 30 large bags of basmati rice from Sainsburys which paid for a few flights to Nice!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8508.0

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Airmiles flights
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »
Airmiles used to be a great deal, we have used them to fly all over Europe and to America, usually in business or first class. However in recent years, despite still having 16,000 left we have not used any as flight availability is so restricted. Also you won't find any availability to Dalaman, Izmir or Antalya as, despite still showing on the airmiles website, BA no longer fly these routes.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Airmiles flights
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »
alantj has hit the nail on the head....Airmiles (soon to be Avios) is owned by BA and if BA don't fly to your chosen destination you can forget free flights >:( They will give you "airmiles " back if you book throught them, but they don't offer the best value flights and as residents beyond the Watford Gap we have no chance of free flights with our 25,000 airmiles as BA pulled out of Manchester some time ago.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
2012 flights, when are they released - good daytime flights wanted! Best airline

Started by emmabroadhurst on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post March 19, 2011, 09:23:35 AM
by Cuddles
xx
Flights

Started by fidimax on Flights and Travel

12 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 06:51:45 PM
by hobbo
xx
Flights

Started by pw on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post April 30, 2019, 07:44:50 AM
by pw
xx
Flights.

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 04:18:37 PM
by Brooksie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal