Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Aerosols and flying.  (Read 3038 times)

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Aerosols and flying.
« on: August 20, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »
Previously when flying I've always packed aerosol deodorants in my case which of course goes in the hold. Just wondering does anyone know if it's allowed to be carried in your hand luggage, perhaps just a small body spray maybe? Looked on the airline website and it implies that as long as it conforms to the same rules as other liquids in hand luggage it's OK, however they seem to change the rules as they go depending on the airport sometimes. It's not really important but it would be nice to be able to freshen up at the airport before travelling by taxi to Kalkan without having to delve in the case. Just interested what everyone else does really. Thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4180.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Aerosols and flying.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »
Clara
I have always carried a mini aerosol antiperspirant in my hand luggage and have continued to do so since the security changes. I don't put it in the clear plastic bag and I've never had it confiscated. I always take a mini one because the bag is usually full of books and diamante flip flops - which weigh a ton so can't go in my hold luggage ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:13:13 PM »
Thats class..if i was a bug i would want to be zapped by flippen floppen with a bit of bling on!! :laugh:

we buy our aerosols in kalkan,it's just something else to take otherwise ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 02:23:06 PM »
Thanks Kalkan4Eva, I'll probably risk taking one of those mini body sprays in my bag. I know what you mean about and the diamante flip-flops, since holidaying in Kalkan I've developed a flip-flop fetish. My excuse is I can't walk in anything else over there. Took umpteen pairs to Kalkan last time and still ended up buying another three pairs over there, hey you can't miss out on a bargain. Well thank goodness they don't weigh much anyhow and my Hubby thanks gawd they don't cost too much either. ;D
Mr lizard Kalkan4Eva will agree with me you can't whack a mossie with a sparkly flippin floppen, shouldn't be done, just can't risk losing a rhinestone! :o

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 09:29:35 PM »
Absolutley, Clara...blingin flippen floppen cannot possibly used on anything as common as a bug......a wayward Lizard , however...... :o :o >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Flying out Monday

Started by ScotsinKalkan on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

4 Replies
Last post August 13, 2011, 05:08:55 PM
by fidimax
xx
Flying on paramotor around Patara

Started by satovod on Flights and Travel

9 Replies
Last post January 17, 2014, 11:14:41 PM
by brian j p
xx
Flying out through Antalya December 2010

Started by clashgour on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post December 11, 2010, 01:29:48 PM
by clashgour
recycled
1st time in Kalkan...flying Sunday!

Started by salstar on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 10:39:09 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal