Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Aegean Flights  (Read 12007 times)

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Aegean Flights
« on: March 01, 2008, 07:39:14 PM »
Aegean Flights are releasing their winter flights on Tuesday.

Just remember... the early bird catches the worm - by booking last June for this June, I''ve saved myself a whopping £225! Wish I could go in the winter but don''t have enough holidays.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1167.0
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Aegean Flights
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 07:49:32 PM »
it''s worth having a look at easyjet..they sent me an e mail saying all flights have 25% off..sure enough my flight (originally BA) has gone down in price ..happy hunting!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 03:51:09 PM »
The flights just released are much more expensive than last year.  Last Christmas £104 return, this year cheapest £78 one way and now 2 hours after being released over £100 each way!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 07:32:40 PM »
Haha John - I have seen that video before - one of the funniest I have seen in a long time and very appropriate for us frequent kalkan travellers!!

;D ;D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:45:47 PM »
Just received a letter from Aegean flights telling me that due to the unfortunate increase in the cost of aviation fuel they have been forced to issue fuel surcharge invoices for summer 2008 bookings.

In my case this works out at £10.94 pp

Has anyone else received a letter???

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »
Received the same letter this morning and the surcharge was for the same amount £10.94 per person. This was for my September flights. We are in Kalkan in three weeks time and I have already received my flight tickets for the trip and have had no letter requesting surcharge for the June flights. I presume, as I am already in possession of the tickets, that they will not charge me for these.

I suspect other airlines may follow suit. Having only paid about £90 each for the flights, the additional charge still makes it a good deal.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »
Jofoss, we''re off in less than 2 weeks and haven''t received our tickets yet. I think I''ll have to chase them in the next couple of days. Haven''t received any letters about fuel surcharge either, not even for our September trip.

Offline sak46

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 05:40:47 PM »
Hello

I have checked our flight and we have not been charged any fuel surcharge, and we go in three weeks,yipee

I have read on another forum that if you booked  before Jan 2008 you will not be subject to any fuel surcharges,

Hope that helps

Sara :)

Offline Davs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 05:55:09 PM »
Same here. Fly Onur in May. Have received tickets. No surcharge. However have the same surcharge as others for flights booked in Sept. Small price to pay for such cheap travel.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »
We booked in June 07 but have just received the surcharge letter for our end of June and October flights. Went with them at the end of April and had no surcharge.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »
we''ve had our tickets and are flying in less than three weeks, but no letter about a surcharge. How are you meant to pay this?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
You have to ring them up and pay over the phone with your debit/credit card.

We are also going out on sunday 25th may got the tickets and have not been charged any surcharge.

Just had a letter saying about the surcharge for the August hols, nevermind for what we paid for the flights when we booked last June it,s still a bargain!!!

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 09:13:20 AM »
I rang up and paid the surcharge yesterday for the Sept flights. I told the customer service person that I had had nothing from them regarding my June flight. She told me that the surcharge also applied to those flights. I told her that I had received my flight tickets already, so didn''t feel that I should pay the extra given that they are now in my possesion and valid. She was surprised that I had already received them and said that I may be charged at check-in. [My sister, flying from a different airport on the same day [June 9th] has also received her tickets and no request for surcharge]

I can''t imagine check-in staff will know whteher or not I have paid the surcharge, from the tickets. If they do then we will see!!

Still, given the very low cost of the tickets, booked June''07, I will NOT quibble

Jo

Offline toffeelad

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • COYB..
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 08:30:08 PM »
received our notification this morning regarding fuel surcharge @ £10.94pp. Booked our flights last August whilst in Kalkan for this coming August when we go out for 3 weeks. For 2 adults & 2 children we paid a grand total of £312.00 so the extra £44.00 odd still makes it a bargain big time compared to other airlines,which if we were to book now for August it would cost us in the region of £1,100.
Just wondering whether the airline will compensate us for the extra amount of fuel we have to take on board for the journey from Lancashire to Glasgow ha ha. We live in hope. Roll on August.
Its nice to be important,
but its more important to be nice.

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »
We go in August and heard nothing yet, oh well there is always the post in the morning. :P

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 05:01:09 PM »
Finally got our tickets yesterday for our flights next week. I think they''d forgotten us. I''ve read that if you''re flying out within 30 days of them announcing the surcharge, then you won''t be charged. Other than that, you''ll have to pay. I haven''t been notified of surcharges yet on my September flight, but I''ve checked the booking confirmation screen and the''re showing there so presume I''ll get a letter or email.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »
Hi,

We got a letter from Aegean telling us we had to pay the extra £10something per person on Thursday... I have tried to phone them and it just goes to answering machine so I have left a couple of messages but no phone call back. Thought I would try the H4U number as they are the parent company but after 2 hours of "your call is important to us please hold for the next available operator" I gave up!

Its 2 weeks until we fly but no tickets as yet just confusion and frustration trying to contact them, has anyone else had a problem?

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 06:34:30 PM »
Like you Jon,we fly two weeks on friday.No letter yet regarding surcharges & no tickets.I have read on another forum (holidaytruths) that they are ina right mess because they put a note on their website on 7th jan that there would be no surcharges if booked before end of January.The note has since been removed because what it really meant was for bookings between 7th & 31st January.It''s a long story but if you read the thread it''s quite interesting.Some people have had their surcharges removed & then reinstated again & vice versa.Just put Aegean flights in the search.Interestingly when I view my booking online no surcharges have been added,yet people flying in August & Sept have,so for the next week I am doing nothing.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »
We are flying with Onur on 6th June, and we''ve had our tickets for about 3 weeks - basically I phoned because as a first time Aegean Flight travellers I wasn''t sure if it was a ticketless airline so I called to check. Weirdly, I was leaving a message on their voicemail and someone picked up - felt like I was calling someone''s home, rather than a business. She said the tickets would be in the post the next day, and we recieved them the day after - a full 5 weeks before we are due to fly and no mention of a surcharge?

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 10:31:18 PM »
got the letter on Friday advising of surcharge and had no problem paying over the phone on Saturday. Got e-mail confirmation the same day. We fly out on 2nd July.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Aegean Flights

Started by Redstone on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 01:21:51 PM
by Cuddles
xx
Aegean Flights

Started by Kim on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post June 08, 2008, 06:52:04 PM
by Em1
xx
Aegean Flights

Started by Kalkan Magic on Flights and Travel

9 Replies
Last post March 04, 2009, 09:56:34 PM
by foreverkalkan
xx
Aegean Flights

Started by kalkan4eva on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post June 02, 2009, 10:32:30 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal