Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice re using different airports for outbound and return flights  (Read 4714 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hi All.

So far we have booked our outbound flights from manchester ( for 4 of us) for next summer for appprox £500.00 with meals, seats, bags etc but return flights were coming in at over £1300.00 with T. Cook easy jet , Jet 2 and monarch. Cheaper with Turkish airlines but a 13 hour wait between flights and not good when you are coming home. I have managed to find a Monarch flight from Dalaman which is perfect for us and £500.00 cheaper but it is going to Leeds Bradford. We are of equal distance between both airports but have never used Leeds Bradford before. So 2 questions really,
1. Is Leeds Bradford a good airport?
2. Are we risking any problems by going from one and arriving to another and anyone done this before?
In my eyes it's a no brainer but having never done this before we are a bit cautious.
What do you think - should we go for it?  ??? :) 8)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12472.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Your only problem is the transport to and from the UK airports. If you use taxis or public transport you are OK. You obviously can't do it by car or it would be at the wrong airport on return. Otherwise there isn't a problem.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Re: Advice re using different airports for outbound and return flights
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:34:14 AM »
Thanks Kalkan regular. Yes, we would have get an airport transfers rather than leave our car but to be honest, we usually do that anyway, just never to and from different airports before. Just hope that this wouldn't be a problem.   

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 12:07:49 PM »
no problem at all. we do it all the time.  :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 12:40:40 PM »
Brillliant, just what I wanted to hear. Thanks  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
I think antler uses LB Airport so he would be in a good position to let you know what sort of airport it is. Just flown to Amsterdam for a conference - out from Manchester back to Liverpool. No problems at all...although did have to remind BH like a million times I was coming back to Liverpool :)
Well done you with the flights :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 03:22:11 PM »
Hi Lizilu20, Is Leeds a good airport?  Well, it is a regional airport and has grown like mad and I use it all the time so am very used to it. I fly out of one airport and back into another quite frequently, it's only a question of "where's the car?" as others have said.
I spied the good return flight with Monarch last weekend and was thinking, if the flight times stick, to travel back into Leeds on that Monday afternoon flight which is scheduled to land at 3.30pm from memory,  would be fantastic?
Jet2 have many flights out at the typical mid/late afternoon time, getting you into Kalkan when you should be asleep, and so I was wondering if we could go out of Gatwick or Stansted or somewhere, just to get to Kalkan, say early afternoon. There should be 8 of us, so a group transfer to London going, would be OK and then we could land back into Leeds and get a taxi home. Simples?
I am holding off as I think competition will intensify (but yes, it is a gamble) now that Monarch have released their schedule out of Leeds.
Cheers

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 04:28:28 PM »
Thanks K4E and Antler - the flights are booked!!!!!! I just feel sorry in advance for the airport transfer company as I'll be on their backs reminding them and double checking like a woman with OCD no doubt nearer the holiday.

You have all inspired us with confidence so Automan has popped the flight in the basket and we are good to go - roll on next August!  ;D

Antler - it pays to be canny and shop around. All in all its cost us around £1500.00 for 4, middle of August with day time flights on return, 26kg baggage, meals and extra legroom seats. I can't imagine that we will get it cheaper even if we waited, although in previous years we have received discount voucher codes in January for monarch. The outbound flight from Manchester that we were originall going to book, went up a by tenner last week, so we booked flight for the night before at the original price. This means we have 19 glorious days in Kalkan to look forward to - yippee!!!!  8) 8)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:38:22 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
All I can say Lizzie, is yippeeeeeeeeeeeee. You must be so happy.  19 days that is fantastic news  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jx

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Oh my word...flights are so expensive in August ::) I don't remember the flights being that costly last time we went in peak weeks. It certainly pays to shop around....you would make Martin Lewis proud, Lizilu ;)
I like flying with easyJet now you can book seats and avoid the 100m Speedy Boarding dash, not so fussed about food but I do miss arriving in Kalkan when its light :( easyJet flights tend to be late on, but I like that when we're coming home we get picked up at 7.30pm having spent the whole of our last day relaxing in the sunshine. Swings and Roundabouts, I believe.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 10:31:18 PM »
Sounds like a bargain Lizilu when I consider what it would have cost us if we had stuck to the May half term dates for next year......woo hoo.....19 days worth of Lizilu reports!  :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »
It is expensive isn't it? Cheaper than last summer though. It cost us a whopping £2495.00 in flights for 5 of us but even if you knock off one flight, its still a good £500.00 cheaper.  :o

Ha Ha K4E, I was determined to seek out a bargain - Just call me Martina!

Talking of holiday reports Babs, you've gone mighty quiet Mrs  ;D :-*

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 07:44:07 PM »
Hint take Lizilu! Final report to come after I've had my dinner and have a well earned glass of wine by my side!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Last Minute Return Flights

Started by Pompeyalbie on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 09:56:53 PM
by littlelin
xx
2 return Easyjet flights 1st May-29 May

Started by Cuddles on Classifieds - Available

2 Replies
Last post April 28, 2013, 08:14:31 PM
by Cuddles
xx
3 week return flights

Started by Alfaman on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post May 03, 2008, 06:15:03 AM
by Hoca
xx
2 Return flights to DLM for sale at £156pp

Started by MrBodrum on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post December 03, 2008, 11:36:14 AM
by MrBodrum

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal