Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 2018 Flights  (Read 2585 times)

Offline sidari

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
2018 Flights
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:57:01 PM »
Hi all, we are returning to Kalkan next summer. The villa is booked and we will be booking flights in the near future. The cost of flights currently available is eye watering. Unsure weather to hang on a while to see what happens. Has anybody done the indirect route with Turkish or Pegasus and does it usually go to plan regarding connecting with the second hop to Dalaman?
The reason I ask is that we have always flown direct before.
I priced up Turkish Airlines via Istanbul from Gatwick (return) for 3 adults on a Saturday late July for 14 nights and returned a price of £825.00 (daytime) complete- rising dependant on times chosen. That seems to me a result compared with direct flights of a minimum of £1400.00! And that £825.00 includes 23kg luggage and meals.
Other than the longer journey and follow on flight, what are the possible pitfalls? It is a massive saving. Any advice/experiences please.
Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13815.0

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: 2018 Flights
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:24:59 PM »
Flying out with Pegasus in the next few weeks. Direct flight Gatwick to Dalaman (at the moment only one direct flight per week, Monday) returning to Stansted via Istanbul. Have done this before and absolutely fine. Your luggage is checked right through from Dalaman so no need to pick up in Istanbul. For the price we're paying it is definitely worth it. Give it a try, I'm sure all will be grand but do before booking check each day for a direct flight. I know they also have direct weekly flights from Manchester.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:26:53 PM by Charlie »

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: 2018 Flights
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 05:43:32 PM »
We flew out in May with Turkish Airlines on the evening flight from Gatwick to Ataturk and stayed overnight in a nearby hotel. It was one of the best flights we've had, seat back entertainment, a meal, drinks and luggage inc. Checked bags all the way to Dalaman so didn't have to wait for them at Istanbul. You have to remember that you'll go through immigration at Istanbul but it depends on which airport you fly into as to how long that will take. If flying via SAW your connecting flight may sometimes wait if there are quite a few people who have been delayed, don't know if that applies when using Ataturk. Took us about 45 mins to get through immigration. Next day we got the 2nd flight of the day to Dalaman, a snack and non-alcoholic drink inc.  I'm definitely going to book Turkish Airlines again for next May.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Easyjet flights 2018

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post September 06, 2017, 05:32:43 PM
by baclava
smiley
Summer 2018 easy jet flights.

Started by msr on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post September 28, 2017, 11:25:02 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
What’s new for 2018

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 10, 2018, 03:24:58 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Countdowns 2018

Started by kalkan4eva on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

43 Replies
Last post October 13, 2019, 08:25:53 PM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal