Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 2017 sept flight prices  (Read 5618 times)

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
2017 sept flight prices
« on: July 25, 2017, 11:28:23 AM »
Just paid short of £700   for 2 return tickets (last week Sept -first week Oct) - no baggage,     to Dalaman from Leeds &Bradford. This is exactly double what we paid last year - ouch!   , Maybe it is because we have booked later this year   as we normally book September flights   in April -May. Have others found a significant rise in flight prices   for Sept - Oct   this year.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13792.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: 2017 sept flight prices
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »
Looking at next years prices we have booked with TC for reasonable(ish) price and day time flights as Monarch are now currently £375 more than we paid this year for the two of us and they have cut out tues/wed/thurs flights(Gatwick) I can only see this as greedily creating a demand for flights on the remaining days thus hiking prices ...don't know why Easyjet always release flights so late?i'ts not like they are a small player unaware of flight allocations etc and if they keep prices lower they could pick up disillusioned passengers from other airlines. missing a trick? ....jeeeez I hate airlines! >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 05:25:53 PM »
A lot of people have shot themselves in the foot this year by holding off booking, in the hope of getting some last minute deals on flights and accommodation. What has happened is that a lot of Turkish families have now filled some of the last-minute accommodation gaps, reducing the downward pressure on prices, and the airlines have not cut prices at all - in fact, they have raised them, because they rediced supply when bookings weren't coming in at the normal rate earlier in the year.

The moral of this story is - get in quick for 2018. Advance booking enquiries are better now than they have been at this time of year for three years... once the major airlines release flights for next year they will be snapped up.

2018 is looking much, much busier and hopefully the airlines' algorithms will pick up on this and they will increase flights and reduce prices (Jet2 have already announced this).

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 05:40:38 PM »
We paid a princely sum for our September flights but, in the great scheme of things, I still feel that it is a price worth paying. We prefer to get the 07.10am flights from Stansted or Gatwick and recognise that these are always more expensive. It does however mean that we get to enjoy more quality time in Kalkan and a flight home that gets us back to the UK at a reasonable hour.

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 06:49:25 PM »
I booked early (as soon as they came out) for late sept/early October -EasyJet from Stansted return and paid around £140.  My son just decided he would like to come with us and like you say, I've just paid almost £300 without luggage!! More than double. I was gutted.  What a rip off.   ???
Our property - 3 bed, 3 bath, OWN POOL, fab location:-

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1897579
www.kalkanpad.com
Facebook:- Apartment Fabio, Kalkan

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »
We also prefer the daytime flights but I absolutely refuse to pay Monarch's shocking increases...as BL says nearly £400 for the two of us than what we paid this year...our flights would cost £900 with bags, extra leg room etc.. Thomas Cook haven't got morning flights from Manchester so I'm holding out for the easyJet release dates as they now do morning flights...also keeping everything crossed they keep the same time slots for next year.
Jet2's flights are much later in the day and not that much cheaper than Monarch so even if they did reduce prices, I'm not keen on their flight times. Always happy to pay more for a daytime flight but £400 more is outrageous...that would buy lot of bags and cocktails >:D >:D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 07:21:48 PM »
Monarch out of LBA 2/6/18 returning 30/6/18.......with essential pack.....£920 (2 people). Won't be booking at that price.

Have booked for September 2018 and paid £130 more than this year.

Oh well......

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 11:13:18 AM »
Monarch Luton to Dalaman £500-600 including 23kg for two in September 18.  Incidentally, it seems the "Essential" package is more expensive in term-time than outside term time - should we tell the Daily Mail?

Thomson Gatwick to Dalaman same time, £1,432 for two.

All these flights are late, which is the general way of things, though TC likes times with a zero at the front!

A perfect opportunity for Turkish Airlines to do flights to Dalaman and clean up from these rogues.

Assuming the Turkish Government want tourism, of course.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 05:22:07 PM »
Here is the response I got from Monarch regarding their huge price increases for 2018

our flights are sold on a supply and demand basis, therefore the seats on the aircraft are not all sold at the same price. If you can be flexible with your dates then you will often find a great deal

They may as well have said "blah blah blah blah" as this did not answer my question at all!

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »
Here is the response I got from Monarch regarding their huge price increases for 2018

our flights are sold on a supply and demand basis, therefore the seats on the aircraft are not all sold at the same price. If you can be flexible with your dates then you will often find a great deal

They may as well have said "blah blah blah blah" as this did not answer my question at all!

Interesting but probably bollocks.....when I booked the flights for next September, which were considerably dearer than this year (booked last year) I could have had any seats I wanted. So either the flight was empty, which is how it looked, or the people already booked hadn't booked seats.

All a big scam I think.

pw

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 06:16:33 PM »
Airlines and travel companies use the supply and demand argument for the price hikes during school holidays - but we all know that "supply and demand" means we can charge what we like because its the only time you can go so you'll pay it.
Using the same argument for price hikes outside of school holidays makes no sense at all...unless they are trying to pull flights from Turkish routes by making them so expensive no-one books...? Who knows how it works..!

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »
"Supply and Demand" really means:

We supply, and demand you pay more.

It's all O'Leary's fault, really ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 02:01:02 PM »
If they cancel 3 out of the 7 days they used to fly on and cut back numbers of flights on the other days they are creating demand! greedy you know wots!! >:(

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 11:29:45 AM »
On the other hand, they probably make more money out of drunken stag and hen parties to Spain! >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »
It feels as thought Turkish passengers are subsiding the cheap Spanish flights...

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 06:36:20 PM »
We paid £435 for 07:10 flight out of Gatwick plus another £118 for baggage so £553 in total with Thomas Cook, that was booking at the end of June for early October flights

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 03:36:02 PM »
interesting about the Rhodes flights being much cheaper,  checked the other day out of curiosity and sure enough  Rhodes to LBA (£120 )pp   half the cost of DLM  to LBA  pp (£240).   with ferry tickets  from Fethiye  to Rhodes  at £80  for 2  plus transfer   from the port to  airport at £20  ,  it was still a fair bit cheaper than going from Dalaman  to LBA  by about £60 per person. 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 04:39:37 PM »
A bit faffy though... :(

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 08:33:32 PM »
Spent the last few weeks trying to sort out best deals from Scotland to Dalaman in September. Looked at going via Istanbul, flying to Rhodes and ferry to Fethiye and Rhodes to Meis. My brain was scrambled. Ended up last night just giving in and paying the going rate direct to Dalaman. Just over £300 plus baggage etc. I'm greedy and decided I definitely needed my third Kalkan fix this year. Furious with the airlines but they know that we will eventually crack and pay up

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 08:36:18 PM »
The trouble is with flying to Rhodes and then getting a ferry , whilst it sounds fine I imagine the reality is rather different. It wouldn't suit me as I can't do boats but I imagine the journey home would seem very long winded as it is always worse on the return journey. As K4E says it is a bit faffy, it would need to be a huge difference in cost to make it worthwhile.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Thomas Cook Birmingham to Dalaman Flight for Sale 3rd Sept Rt 19th Sept

Started by hca111 on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post August 13, 2015, 03:15:44 PM
by hca111
xx
Villa or apartment with private pool wanted Sept 25 to Oct 2nd 2017

Started by elcee on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

2 Replies
Last post August 13, 2017, 01:35:25 PM
by elcee
xx
Easyjet Later Sept '16 flight release ?

Started by Lucy Lou on Flights and Travel

11 Replies
Last post December 08, 2015, 08:40:11 AM
by littlelin
xx
Flight prices

Started by Brooksie on Flights and Travel

65 Replies
Last post November 18, 2008, 08:29:52 PM
by RosiB

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal