Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 180 day visa  (Read 2904 times)

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
180 day visa
« on: November 25, 2011, 08:27:48 PM »
Surprisingly, no one has started a discussion on this topic. Has anyone any thoughts as to what might be the course of action if the 180 day period runs out when you are in Kalkan.
Now Easyjet Sept 2012 flights are out from Manchester we are ready to book an outward journey but don't know whether to wait until the 180 day period has expired before booking a flight.
Would it mean a dash to Meis?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8821.0

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: 180 day visa
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:26:27 AM »
Providing you are within your 90 day period on your 180 day visa then surely you would be able to renew a tourist visa by going out of the country.It would seem that precise details havent been issued yet concerning the visa.I would guess the closure of the consulates is for staff training in this area.KTLN are great at reporting the latest news on this.Isnt the whole idea of the new visa to stop people staying longer than 90 days out of 180 days as residents have been doing (myself include!) May be best to await further details.Guess computer will log your days in Turkey and passport control at the airport wont be trying to add it up in their heads.When my husband flew to UK on the 90th day he caused a lot of discussion between a large group of officials and some counting on their fingers!!! Many residents have now completed the resident visa formalities (myself included).

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 08:06:42 AM »
Presumably, if your 180 days validity will expire after you arrive, but before you are scheduled to leave and, you have not exceeded 90 days stay, you would just declare this at Dalaman and pay for a new visa. I hope!
They would be able to check the actual length you had stayed by looking at the entry and exit stamps. (Or, in all probability, the computer system will do it for them when they scan your passport.)
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »
From what I can gather if you stay for the complete 90 days you must be out of the country for 91 days before you can book to go back.
I know KTLN had a lot of information when all this came out in 2010. Not sure if they will still keep the same ideas it's going to be interesting to see.
Either way if you have a property in Kalkan or want to spend long periods or just what to come and go, I think the best way is to take out residency. Otherwise I think you'll need to keep a keen check on the days you spend in Kalkan. I know when we get out there, that's going to be our option.....   

Offline babyboomer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »
Hi. reading ealier posts, i am more confused. i think there will be many interpretaions of the 90/180 rule.

my thoughts were that you cannot exceed a 90 day stay and then must not re-enter for 180 days. however that the total of 90 days need not be taken in one visit.

how confusing all this is going to be.

i agree with tiamaria, that if people wish to spend long periods of time in turkey on each visit (or at least have the option of popping back and forth throughout the year) then getting residency is likely to be the most secure outcome for peace of mind.

i would like to do this, but was holding on to see if going to kass would come to fruition.

confused now and then some.

i do wish this message board had a spell check facility, like emails do, it is my weakness so please accept apologies for  mistakes. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ but i do try to keep  :) :) :) :)ing.

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »
Distinct lack of info flowing about this subject, so decided to try and contact British Embassy in Ankara and Consulate in Istanbul. Neither have embraced technology and only list a fax number (my fax machine has been recycled years ago).
Last week sent an e-mail to Turkish Embassy in London asking for information on visas but have not received any reply.
There has not been any update from KTLN either so I guess they are also struggling to obtain any further information.
All in all very frustrating.

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »
My understanding from previous information is that you are able to spend up to 90 days in Turkey in any 180 day period. Once you have used up your 90 days, you cannot return until the 180 day period has expired?
This means practically that you can spend up to 180 days every 360 days, but only if they are split into 90 days in each 180 day period. Also you do not have to use the 90 days in one period, they tot up as you go away and come back.
The answer is if this does not suit you, the apply for residency. I would suggest if you are spending this much time in Turkey, it is the most appropriate action

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
Baklavabuddy - My understanding was exactly the same as yours.I think most residents that were doing the Meis trip have now got residency. The challenge will be juggling dates for regular tourists or getting themselves a residency visa so they can come and go as they want.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Visa

Started by don on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post September 17, 2013, 01:54:02 PM
by chickengeorge
xx
E Visa

Started by Anne on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post May 01, 2014, 06:24:17 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
E-VISA

Started by Griffo63 on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post July 26, 2014, 11:07:40 AM
by Chris_S
xx
Visa

Started by shee on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post June 24, 2013, 11:48:52 AM
by shee

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 4028
By: Enjoy Kalkan
View of Kalkan