Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: selling in Kalkan  (Read 38365 times)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: selling in Kalkan
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008, 10:02:46 PM »
Hi,

Without divulging too much information about the "Enjoy Brand" I would like to reiterate that the founding principles of EnjoyKalkan have not and will not change. They are that "Enjoy" shall

• Support the local community wherever and whenever possible
  • Remain fully independent to offer the very best advice for residents and visitors alike
  • Use the substantial membership base to offer the very best discounts possible to everyone
  • Remain free of charge and adapt where possible to the members wishes

These principles apply to EnjoyKalkan, EnjoyKas and EnjoyFethiye which I hope shall expand and the core values offer benefits to everyone.

Obviously I am not able to continually fund EnjoyKalkan from my own pocket and it has to generate a revenue stream to survive, from opportunities such as property letting advertisements, however, in keeping with the brand exclusive discounts are offered on many properties for EK members.

Should I feel that the "Enjoy" principles are compatible with property sales or other ventures I shall introduce such features however if there appears to be a conflict I shall not allow the founding principles to be watered down for the sake of quick commercial decisions.

I hope that helps - EnjoyKalkan, along with the other sites are here for long term benefit not short term gain.

Jon

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2008, 12:06:04 AM »
Olive,

Re your comment about not "interferring" with the local businesses, doesn''t almost any piece of advice gven on the website in some way interfere with local business - eg recommendations about good/bad restaurants, villas, hotels, places to visit etc, etc.   

I didn''t understand the Eldorado reference, why is Kalkan like a failed soap opera.

Regards

Alan

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2008, 08:48:05 AM »
i would welcome a section like the one mentioned...i rent through EK..have arranged transfers through EK...have hired cars through EK..and more importantly met some very nice people through EK...if and when comes the time for me to add to the "disappoitingly increasing expat community" i shall look through all options..if EK has this option i would look here as well...i have been visiting kalkan for 20 years plus...i know people who already live in Kalkan and would seek advice from them hopefully without them being to disappointed at myself and partner adding to the increasing community!! or maybe the drawbridge will be pulled up by then?
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2008, 08:55:48 AM »
Its interesting to see the other thread about the Clinic disappearing and the conclusion that it closed because of restricive practices/cartels.
This is exactly what most of the Estate Agents operate. In a truly Free Market there is no way that a 6% commission rate would survive. Baclava is right, it should be on a sliding scale. The other problem with charging commission to both buyer and seller is the conflict of intrest, the Estate Agent will always side with the seller, especially if he is a ''developer'' offering repeat business.
I can see no harm in offering an online selling service on EK. Afterall, any competion is supposedly good competion.

Offline Possums

• Happy Wrinkly Girls
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • The beauty of age
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2008, 11:42:03 AM »
This has made interesting reading and one thought crossed my mind is that if we were to make it known on the forum that we wished to sell our apartment and an interested person were to pm us and we then made a private deal between us totally off-forum then surely that would be between us.  The forum therefore does not tread on anyone''s toes, there is no conflict with local businesses.  It would be the same if we met someone in a bar/restaurant and the conversation went in the same direction.

What thoughts everyone?

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
If you wish to mention this in the Trading Zone then at this stage that is ok, please do not use other threads or topics.

Announcements coming in the new year  ;)

Offline olive

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »
This is a fair comment Possums; the point of my previous postings was suggesting that if EK were to actively set up a property sales section on this website and thus eradicating buyer/seller commissions it would be promoting a conflict of interest amongst the majority of site users and local estate agent businesses.  Of course, any competition is healthy but surely adding this feature alongside promotional discounts on excursions/transfers/car rental etc through one particular Kalkan agent is NOT ''Supporting the local community wherever and whenever possible'', as the EK founder states in his website principles.

Olive

Offline mouse

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »
Please check your information, not all estate agents charge the 3% buyers fee, which is actually charged to the Turkish buyers as well. My Turkish husband has a house in Izmir and was also charged the 3% buyers fee this is not just to ''fleece the English''. The clinic which was brilliant closed because of finances, not enough patients and it has now relocated to Antalya.

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2009, 01:56:57 PM »
Definitely the case mouse, I have a relative who works for one of the national agents out side of Kalkan and the 3% from both buyers and sellers is the norm in Turkey. (and there are not many foreign buyers where she is working either)

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2009, 07:47:05 PM »
If the Estate agents in Kalkan are smart and want to avoid any competition, the best thing they could do is to advertise on the EK site itself (either by paying an annual fee to the EK site or EK acting as affiliate and earning an agreed commission on any sales). That way Jon would get some revenue to run the site and they would be getting a wider audience for the properties they are trying to sell.

Jayne

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2009, 11:14:31 AM »
Hi
Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere on the forum that i can advertise my apartment which we are putting up for sale please?

Offline tog miester

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2009, 03:53:29 PM »
You cannot advertise at the moment but this situation will change shortly. The owner of this forum is in the process of setting it up.
Banned!! Delete my account please.

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2009, 05:00:48 PM »
Thank you for letting me know.Much appreciated.

Offline latebreaks

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »
I would be interested to hear if any forum members have actually managed to sell a property in Kalkan.  We hear (and see) so much about unsold villas and apartments that the ease (or otherwise) of reselling must be a serious consideration for those yet to take the plunge and buy in Kalkan.  Any feedback on how long it took to sell, costs of selling and time taken to find that elusive buyer would be welcome.  It would be interesting to know if anyone actually sold at a profit too!

I have sold, it all depends on price, be realistic as most for sale are about 40% above real value.

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2010, 11:43:53 PM »
Hi Latebreaks, I am not sure why you suddenly responded to an old post on this thread, but with respect I think you should be a little careful with sweeping statements such as suggesting most property in Kalkan is overvalued by 40%.  Why do you think that?

Every market has overly optimistic sellers, that is nothing new and it is up to the buyers to carry out their research and make sure the price is right compared to other property in the area.

We all agree Kalkan is a special place don’t we?

I have recently purchased a new 3 bed Villa in Kalkan.  We started our property search 3 years ago in the Algarve, which must be more expensive than Kalkan by a factor of at least 3 or 4. 

We then moved to the Costa Blanca in Spain and at the time were very taken by Moraira.  A Villa similar to the one we purchased in Kalkan would again be at least  2- 3 times as much.

Neither area is nicer than Kalkan so how can much of its property be so overpriced?

Considering Kalkan generally, I would say the product is exceptional and the property very good value.

Offline jcac

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2010, 12:59:32 PM »
I agree, we have just bought a 2 bed apartment, not for invetsment but for holidays. In my opinion, for what you get the property in Kalkan is good value

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2010, 02:21:52 PM »
Perhaps latebreaks is comparing prices in Kalkan with other comparable areas of Turkey as opposed to further afield..?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2010, 08:53:24 AM »
I think the comparison being made is with other areas of Turkey.  it is of course wrong to say that all properties are over-priced by 40%.  Some surely are, some are for sure being sold close to their building cost.  I am aware of at least 3 such villas.

The cost /value ratio for a comparable property in Kalkan as compared to the Costa del Sol where we own an apartment favors Kalkan.  Even with the depressed property market in Spain, you will still get a larger, nicer property in Kalkan for much less.  And in spite of the high cost of water, electricity and petrol in Turkey, it still costs less to live in Kalkan than in Spain (and much, much less if you live in Altinkum or some less upscale resort).  We have been keeping detailed accounts of all this for more than 3 years now.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline arjlyn06

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2010, 04:35:54 AM »
Yeah, it was not right that they will include all in their accusation. Maybe some real estates are really having more expenses in their property that's why it was expensive. Costa del Sol was really a great place, and I have been there last year.
my realestate seo services

Offline Dorby Perry

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »
My husband and I are looking to move to Kalkan in June this year and i spends hours everyday on the internet to see what is out there to buy. Is there anywhere on this site that existing owners who wish to sell their properties, advertise this, or is this not allowed?
Look forward to your replies!
Laura

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Selling property in Kalkan

Started by Elee on Buying A Property & Real Estate

1 Replies
Last post July 07, 2014, 02:54:11 PM
by Melek65
xx
Selling a car with MA plates

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 24, 2016, 11:33:27 AM
by onelove
xx
Selling Property

Started by collsmac on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post March 23, 2010, 04:18:23 PM
by kulube
smiley
Selling some kitchen stuff

Started by BevJam on Classifieds - Available

1 Replies
Last post January 20, 2014, 10:57:24 AM
by Harleysuzen

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklient

Views: 5016
By: misty
harbour4