Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: selling in Kalkan  (Read 38159 times)

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: selling in Kalkan
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 09:08:50 PM »
Hi
You can contact Halis or Eddie on
xpresstour@yahoo.com
If you have any problems, I have another email addy...
Em
Em

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2008, 08:10:26 AM »
If you don''t have any luck contacting on email before you arrive in Kalkan you will be able to contact Eddie in person if you go to the Sun Elite Apartments. They are on the corner of the main road in/out of town, opposite the weekly market. Situated at the start of the little road that goes up to the green school.
If you go there just leave a message with one of the guys working there - go to the office underneath the pool terrace. Failing that, go to Sofra Restaurant as Eddie runs that also. His building/development company is also linked to the Xpress Tours and to Elite Apartments on the web.

Good luck with your sale
Rosie

Offline Tomcat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »
That''s brilliant guys.  Thank you all so much for your help.  Out on the 12 October  (Yippee!!) so we will make contact beforehand.  Not surprisingly I understand that the property market is very slow but I''m sure that there are a lot of worse places to be selling!  Fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

Philby

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »
Philby  the numer is :

90 242 844 12 81

fax 90 242 844 12 83
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline edisrag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2008, 06:05:27 PM »
such a shame but never really trusted any estate agent, not the most honest of folk and they play one person off against the other, perhaps there could be a selling board on this site, for those who might want to upgrade down grade or even swap

Offline kalkanhaven

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »
We too are addicted to Kalkan but have decided to sell our villa.  Ours was built in 2004 by Aslan Uzun and is on the Saneil complex.  Fortunately for us, space, design, fixtures & fittings, etc. are certainly not inferior to newer properties.  In fact, when we''ve viewed ''luxury'' new properties, most had open plan kitchen/living areas, spiral staircases, etc. to conserve space.  We were virtually fully booked last year and intend to sell it as a ''going concern'', as we''re already booking for 2009.  We''ll include our website, plus furniture, equipment, appliances, etc.  Do you think it''s possible to sell with ads on property websites or will we have to bite the bullet and use an agent?  We just sold our UK home for 1% commission and the estate agent provided beautiful colour brochures, newspaper ads, website space and so on.  I guess 3% sounded a lot but perhaps it would be money well spent.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »
Anyone who sold an apartment or villa this year?  I heard there have been few sold and very few new to be built.  It appears that some agents have closed their offices.  Some are also more inclined to first sell the properties they have themselves built before showing others.  You might be better off trying to sell your villa directly on the Net. In any case, if you sell before 5 years you will pay capital gains taxes on any profit.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2008, 03:02:54 PM »
Would it be possible Jon to have a section on EK for owners to sell their properties - even if they paid a small fee?
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 03:50:47 PM »
I''ve never understood the high rates of commission charged by Estate Agents, other than they are historical when property was very cheap. What do they actually do for the money? Put an advert on their own Web Site.
Lets say the average Villa now sells for £250K and they get 6% commission from seller and buyer ie: £15000!!!! They only need to sell one property a year to make a basic living. Take a look at some of the prices still being asked on Estate Agents Web Sites £400K to £500K!!! Thats £24K to £30K commission !!! Don''t they know there is a world wide financial crisis going on and prices are actually falling.
I think that a section on EK for sales of property would be a very good idea, most other Web Sites like this have them. That way you would only need a Lawyer to sort out the transaction.

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2008, 06:16:02 PM »
I have to stick up for the agents we bought from. They worked hard sorting all the mess my British based but "international" solicitor caused.

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2008, 06:53:04 PM »
Good god do you not want anyone in Kalkan to make a living!!!!

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2008, 08:50:27 PM »
Lea at Kalkan Horizon only charges 1.5% commission, plus they will act as power of attorney if you want, thereby saving a few more hundred quid.  Plus they can sort out a good mortgage deal.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2008, 02:23:37 AM »
Good god do you not want anyone in Kalkan to make a living!!!!

I am definately not saying that we should cut out the estate agents for those that wish to use them - nor am I saying that anyone in Kalkan shouldn''t make a living.  But in my opinion, some people are happy to use an estate agent when selling or buying a property whereas others would prefer to sell their property directly- just as some people would prefer to use an travel agent when booking a holiday when others are happy to book directly.

In my opinion it a just another way of giving people an alternative on how they choose to purchase or indeed sell a holiday home.  (We viewed our apartment through a Kalkan estate agent) and they also took us to Kas to sort out the Notary and a tax number- but that is absolutely all that they did to help with the purchase of our holiday home.  Our solicitor sorted out the rest of the purchase and we have sorted the utilities and dealt with the builder ourselves for any problems and snags that we have had.

I just think that for those people who wish to sell/buy without using an estate agent - Enjoy Kalkan maybe an opportunity to link the two together.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2008, 11:28:43 PM »
Hi,

I have quite a few plans for EK along with EnjoyFethiye and EnjoyKas and you never know what may be round the corner  ;)

Please can I ask everyone to make sure this thread does not turn into one long advert - Thanks

Offline olive

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »
Completely agree with the above comment made by Derya regarding this particular thread. 

Whilst EK is, by and large, informative and interesting to both visitors and residents alike surely introducing a ‘Property Sales’ facility on this website would only encourage animosity amongst the locals in the village and the disappointingly increasing expat community.  It would be inappropriate of EK to add this feature and remove the commissions, as suggested by some forum members.  I was under the impression that this website was information based and not set up for business purposes?

Olive

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »
The commission rate for agents should be on a sliding scale. If it was 3% when properties could be had for 30k then it definately should not be the same now properties are at the current level.
Are they doing any more work just because the property is more expensive now??

Offline Gary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 07:48:18 PM »
Completely agree with the above comment made by Derya regarding this particular thread. 

Whilst EK is, by and large, informative and interesting to both visitors and residents alike surely introducing a ‘Property Sales’ facility on this website would only encourage animosity amongst the locals in the village and the disappointingly increasing expat community.  It would be inappropriate of EK to add this feature and remove the commissions, as suggested by some forum members.  I was under the impression that this website was information based and not set up for business purposes?

Olive

Whilst i agree with some of what you said olive, but do you not think it hard to keep a good place quite that what others said before you went there. of course it will increase the expat community. the forum indirectly does carry information about people letting their property out, there for a business and you will find on the forum answers to so of the questions things will change when they have to register for the yabaci Kimlik and having to have proof of address for the banks on money laundering
i don''''t know what jon is going to do but in my opion is to keep it seperate there will be lots of issues you could start anotherforum regarding turkish law and it is changing all the time, like the the price you paid for the property and the amount on the tapu, then if you sell it under 5 years capital gains tax then the tax when you sold it and from what i gather now you need a yabaci kimlik and you will need to be a resident to obtain one so no more torist visas i think this is to keep a eye on what you buy as the mali are working with inland revenue and visa versa to stop any dirty washing
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:58:40 PM by Gary »

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »
I cannot see why a property sales section on the enjoykalkan site is any different from advertising properties to let. In the UK estate agents face competition from any number of web based services. 

To me Olives'' post seems very patronising, Kalkan is not a theme park and like anywhere else in the world the local businesses have to offer value for money, If they are providing a valuable service they will prosper, if not they will either have to improve or go out of business.

I think enjoykalkan should set up a property sales section and offer the local agents a good rate for bulk advertising on the site, this would both provide an opportunity to the local agents to benefit from enjoykalkans high traffic and give people the option of adverting directly if they felt the agents were not earning their commission.

Offline olive

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2008, 08:43:59 PM »
The point I wanted to make is that there is a fine line between entertaining a website/forum that offers useful information and advice to visitors/expats and interfering in the day to day (season to season) operations of local businesses. Dare I draw attention to the great taxi debate started last summer- without wanted to go off topic of course.

I find it quite incredulous that my previous posting suggests in any way that Kalkan is a theme park, more Eldorado (failed BBC soap opera!) in my humble opinion.

Olive

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Olive,
Perhaps you would like to introduce yourself in the EK Network section? I am not sure if you
fall into what you call the "disappointingly increasing ex-pat community".
Joan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Selling property in Kalkan

Started by Elee on Buying A Property & Real Estate

1 Replies
Last post July 07, 2014, 02:54:11 PM
by Melek65
xx
Selling a car with MA plates

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 24, 2016, 11:33:27 AM
by onelove
xx
Selling Property

Started by collsmac on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post March 23, 2010, 04:18:23 PM
by kulube
thumbdown
Selling moped - non resident

Started by Sivadmv on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 07, 2011, 09:06:44 PM
by kevincat99

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Old Town Street

Views: 2847
By: Pompeyalbie
Red dog