Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting read............  (Read 4598 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Interesting read............
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:22:50 AM »
I just read this on "Fethiye Times" online..........  I wonder how Kalkan property rates ? ? ?

2011 is a promising year for overseas property, but within that a potentially huge year for Turkish propert

In 2010 sales of Turkish property to foreigners increased by 40% compared to 2009 according to the Association of Real Estate Investment Companies (GYODER). Given the turmoil of 2009 this seems a little less important than it sounds, however, this took total sales to $2.5 billion, which is almost as much as the $3 billion in sales achieved in the 2 years 2006-2008.

The Turkish economy is booming, and this is partly because of the fact that the tourism market has seen continued growth, even during the downturn with 28.63 million received in 2010, up from 26.336 million in 2008, and 27.077 million in 2009.

Growth in tourism, combined with the low prices of Turkish property is continually increasing its appeal to buyers from around the world, and Fethiye continues to be one of the most popular locations to buy.

On top of that, with a budget deficit of around 2%, inflation at a 41 year low and a solid record for paying down public debt, the Turkish economy is also one of the world's most stable, especially within Europe.

Because of this, and especially the dire state of affairs in many of Turkey's main competitors such as Greece and Spain, the Turkish property market flourished in 2010, and is expected to do even better this year.

Fethiye is one of Turkey's top touristic towns in its own right, with an abundance of shops, restaurants and bars, not to mention the great beaches and fantastic climate 300 days of the year.

But its ace up the sleeve is its proximity to Olu Deniz, which is 20 minutes away by car. Olu Deniz is a coastal resort so beautiful that its beauty is government protected because of its touristic appeal. As such property here is rarely available for sale or rent, leaving those wishing to sample its delights to look at nearby towns.

Fethiye, Hisaronu and Ovacik are the most popular choice because they is also just around 45 minutes from Dalaman, with its well served international airport.

With sales of Turkish property expected to soar even higher this year, it is logical that sales of Fethiye property will also do extremely well in 2011.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7939.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Interesting read............
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 10:15:29 AM »
I;m afraid this is a classic case of 'Don't believe everything you read in the papers' This is a very optomistic view point reported by someone with a vested interest in selling property, in Fethiye; by the looks of things. Anyone wishing to read the report can Google GYODER and they will see that Turkish property prices have actually gone up very little since 2008,if at all and rents have also stagnated with very little rise.
 The 40% increase in sales to foreigners is mainly in the metropolises, mainly Istanbul and that 40% certainly doesn't apply to Kalkan.
 The realistic position in Kalkan is that a lot of people (English) are trying to sell their property, very few are actually successful.
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:54:42 AM »
Well Kim21, thanks for putting a dampener on it! Can I ask what your credentials are for being able to make your statement? We know there is a fair amount of property on the market, probably not just in Kalkan, but surely Turkish property is a better proposition than the other countries mentioned in the long run.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:00:22 PM by chickengeorge »

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »
Well chickengeorge,........ I read the report       
The report also says that there are no plans to slow down building, why would you in a booming economy.
There is an abundance of land to be developed, so all the time there are sales there will be development and no shortage of it.

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 05:51:26 PM »
So Kim21, your second statement seems to contradict your first. If it's a booming ecomomy and there are sales then surely the report is correct. Why would you continue to buy land and build if there was no future in it. And why is it just English trying to sell, is this a fact?

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:00:11 PM »
Chicken George I think you missed the Sarcasm! ::) ;D

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 07:08:22 PM »
Probably because there is no sarcasm! Although if you believe there is then I'm happy for you to explain. Is it the English are trying to sell because there's too many Scotch people.  ;)

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 07:45:44 PM »
I thought scotch was a drink?

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »
I was being sarcastic!

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 07:59:40 AM »
What a load of b----cks >:D >:D

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »
What a load of b----cks >:D >:D

Thanks for your input.

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
Whatever the views on the property market in Turkey stated in that article it should be viewed with a little bit of bravado  ??? In last weekends Turkish Daily News it stated from government figures that the inflation rate for May 2011 had risen from 4.2% to 7.2% which was the highest rise in over 40 years for a single month! This conflicts with this this article, in which it states inflation at 2%? It also went to say that the Turkish National Bank would find it difficult not to increase interests rates at their 28 June meeting? Although good for us savers living in Turkey this cannot be good for borrowing and therefore must have a 'slowing down' affect on building & the economy in general? ???
Turkey is the 6th fastest growing economy in the world & so it must keep a rock steady hand on inflation to protect investment from overseas! Foreigners who buy property will have to consider high inflation rates as a down side to buying? Businesses have to be sure inflation is under control before major investment which affect wages, utilities etc!

Well my wife & I love Kalkan, this is our home.  :D I have every confidence that Turkey have control of its economic destiny unlike the UK & other European 3rd world countries! :P :P :P

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
I'm sure a lot of members will find this very interesting...

Started by onelove on The Everything Else Area!

8 Replies
Last post October 21, 2013, 07:07:19 AM
by DRBD
xx
Living in Turkey.....Interesting (blog) info !

Started by onelove on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 25, 2012, 08:56:56 AM
by onelove
xx
Remember to read our features!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 05, 2011, 07:53:42 PM
by deepasforever1
xx
Please read this if you have a Turkish Bank account.

Started by Kas on Money & Finance

4 Replies
Last post January 28, 2009, 09:06:27 AM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Red dog

Views: 3042
By: saskia
Dusk over Kalkan