Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rentals  (Read 11319 times)

Offline Susan100

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Rentals
« on: June 01, 2016, 03:57:22 AM »
Could the people who rent their properties in Kalkan, please tell me if bookings for renting their properties are  down this year.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13326.0

Offline BeyazGül Apt.

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Rentals
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 07:55:01 AM »
We have had an increase on bookings compared to last year, and only have availability of 5 days in june and a 10 days in august. 

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 08:15:51 AM »
This is our first year as owners so have nothing to compare with, but we literally have 9 days left in July, 11 days in Sept and 2 weeks in Oct. other than that we are full. I think we are pretty lucky.  (We have 11 days in July and 7 days in October booked for ourselves)
Our property - 3 bed, 3 bath, OWN POOL, fab location:-

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1897579
www.kalkanpad.com
Facebook:- Apartment Fabio, Kalkan

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 08:54:18 AM »
Most people - UK owners and turkish business hotel owners are finding a significant drop in bookings this year.
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 10:02:55 AM »
We are slightly down this year, normally fully booked but this year we still have a week in July, 2 weeks end Aug/early Sept and 2 weeks end Sept/early Oct. One of the 2 week gaps was created by a recent cancellation, we currently have 2 open enquiries so hopefully more bookings will come in. We also have 2 weeks booked for 2017 and 2 for 2018.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:21:49 AM by hobbo »
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Susan100

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 10:23:22 AM »
Thank you everyone for your replies,  we are thinking of buying an apartment in Kalkan, to rent out in the summer months and then use as our holiday home during the winter months.

We are living in Turkey in Uzumlu near Fethiye, but would like to be able to spend some time in Kalkan during the cold winter months.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me good areas to purchase in, and also Estate Agents they have used to purchase or to look after your property.

Susan

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 10:37:09 AM »
Down about  40% on last year - up to now!     ,  but there is a lot of time left , we got 3 bookings last year in June for July/Aug & Sept . I think Kalkan will weather the storm  a lot better than other areas

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 12:01:57 PM »
We are in Ortalaan (sp?) - just off the Kalamar Road, but closer to the Old Town - fab area as it's a flat 10 minute walk into town.  We used Kalkan Exclusive Properties (KEP) to buy through and they were excellent.  They also manage/clean the property and I couldn't recommend them enough.

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »
May bookings are down ..I don't have any ! I have a very nice 3 bedroom apartment in a small established complex where all owners nearly always have lots of bookings. this year everyone is well down on bookings. Buy an apartment but don't expect to cover costs with rentals for the time being. On the plus side it means I will have to go more rather than have it sat empty  :)

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 09:22:38 PM »
Currently, bookings are 75% down on last year.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 05:42:40 AM »
I would say that we have 75 % occupancy at the moment......our first guest has just arrived on 31 May.......we dont book may as a rule because kalkan is still busy sorting itself out for the season........ie building work ( more at the harbour now than elsewhere ) ,the beach has only just been levelled etc and i dont think its fair on guests + we are usually there until at least  the middle of May anyway......so our season starts in early june really.

Our apartment and others in our block,at Komurluk are well established and seemingly always popular and although we are down,as a group slightly,we are still doing ok at the moment.

Personally we have 14 weeks booked out and have had one cancellation ( 2 weeks ) due to the perceived problems and the lady has decided to go to Italy instead..........so we would have had 16 weeks of a 20 to 22 week season.

Hopefully more people will realise exactly what they are missing out on and as a result will end up with close to normal levels of bookings.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:49:33 AM by Mayday1 »

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 11:43:16 AM »
This is just a thought from myself - a serial renter  :)

Sometimes when I'm reading a post, the poster is an owner but there is no link to their property. We have been lucky that for the past two years we have found suitable accommodation for ourselves and have been lucky enough to return there however nothing is certain and you never know, we may end up having to look for a different apartment/villa next year if the people we rent from change their circumstances. What I'm getting at is if all you owners on the forum could put links to your properties, you may find you get more enquiries from here too. I always take an envious peek at the villas/apartments on the links under your names and mentally make a note of properties that may be suitable for us.

I would much rather rent from fellow EK members than from a greedy company who doesn't care about their customers and only interested in making a profit above loyalty. We always used to use owners direct but in light of recent reports on here we will definitely be giving them a wide berth in future.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 12:45:49 PM »
Couldnt agree more, Lizilu. There did used to be links on the footers of some posts but they seem to have disappeared. I know Mayday1 definitely used to have a link because I clicked through to have a look at it. We've stayed in three of the apartments in that block and I wondered if Mayday's was one of them :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Jamera

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Jamera
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 01:08:00 PM »
Similar to MayDay - we're also in Komurluk and 75% occupied.  We've found that the school holidays seem to be quieter - perhaps people with kids are more concerned about travelling to (anywhere in) Turkey, and people without kids don't want the 'noise' and flight costs of the school holidays.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 02:39:19 PM »
I can probably offer a fairly unbiased view as we deal with apartment and villa rentals, not just our own but other owners' too.

Apartment rentals are generally about 70-80% of where they were at this time last year. That said, people are getting choosier, probably just because they can be!

Villa rentals however, are considerably lower - especially the larger ones. Around 50-60% compared to last year on average but there are wide discrepancies within that - some (normally very busy) larger villas have virtually NO bookings this year, whilst others are nearly full! Some have managed to get up to around 90% but only by discounting like crazy.

Overall, May was very quiet, June is about normal, July very quiet, August not too bad, September good, October quiet, all compared to a "normal" year.

It looks to me as if Kalkan's rental pattern could be returning to what it was about 10 years ago (in rental terms, that is) - a place that's mainly for couples (June and September) and less for families and larger groups (school holidays). But I could be completely wrong, as I often am...we've just received two enquiries this morning and it has been much busier this last couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed...

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 06:22:31 PM »
I would say thats an accurate assessment Martyn.We will hopefully attract more bookings as the season progress's.

Note to self...............Must do better !! Here is the link.

owners direct    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8154298

We love the apartment....we love the views....we love Kalkan

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 09:01:28 PM »
As another serial renter I think it's a great idea if people put links to their properties......I've had a nosey at Mayday's in the past, lovely!
I really hope October picks up as while we like it quiet I'd hate for everywhere to shut early because they had no business!  ::)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 05:20:48 AM »
Here is a link to our villa

www.kalamardream.com

We are approx 80% full for this year & already have 2 weeks booked out for '17
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Susan100

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 06:05:50 AM »
Thank you everyone for all your replies.  xx

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 07:57:03 AM »
MartynE ... Totally agree with your assessment.  Families with kids who previously rented large villas are not coming during the school holiday period.  Many more couples renting smaller accommodations I think.  We only rent in July and August but this is the first year that we are not fully booked.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:02:20 AM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is this the end of rentals in Turkey ?

Started by onelove on General Discussion

24 Replies
Last post March 30, 2017, 01:58:14 PM
by bibi
xx
Dalaman car rentals

Started by alantj on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post January 19, 2015, 10:53:25 PM
by hobbo
xx
Luxury Kalkan Rentals.com

Started by lgjones on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post September 16, 2011, 08:03:30 PM
by Skunk
xx
Kalkan Luxury Rentals

Started by turkeyfan on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 11, 2012, 05:35:54 PM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

harbour

Views: 4201
By: irfan
Omars 20/9/07