Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Land View at Pirat Hotel  (Read 3600 times)

Offline steffi30

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Land View at Pirat Hotel
« on: August 20, 2009, 02:04:49 PM »
We are staying at the Pirat Hotel in 2 weeks.  Becasue we booked late, we have been allocated a room with a land view rather than a sea view :(
What sort of view are we likely to get and do you know if it is better to be in Pirat 1 or 11 if we get a land view please?
Alos, I heard that there is a 'disco' in the hotel  :o    Does anyone know which block is going to be quieter, ie further away from the music??!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4182.0

Offline tuttifrutti

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Land View at Pirat Hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:09:50 PM »
Hi, if you stay in Pirat 1 think that what they refer to as a land view must be at the rear of the block, looking over the back steps and up 'cardiac hill'! As far as I know the rooms have all been double glazed so noise can be shut out.  There is not a disco there now.  pm me for more info-I've stayed there lots of times.

Offline steffi30

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 05:45:05 PM »
Thanks for your reply Tuttifrutti.
I have tried to pm you but don't seem able to do it.....??  Any information about the hotel, such as which is the best block to request etc would be appreciated.  Have just heard from the hotel that they have a car parking space which is good news (unless they mean they literally have A car parking space!!)

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 06:07:37 PM »
We always stay a Pirat and it sounds to me that you have a room at the back of Pirat 1 (the old block); the only view is of the steps that lead to the old town Mosque and the Alternatif Restaurant.  There is usually plenty of parking space on Cardiac Hill - there is no car park as such.
Hope this helps
Regards
Tyros

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 06:19:05 PM »
As to which is the best block in the Pirat it depends on what you want.  We like top floor room facing harbour in Pirat 1 (old block) - the view is wonderful and there is a lift.  We have stayed in Pirat 2 (new part) overlooking pool and harbour but with dozens of steps (no lift). Pirat II (new) has the advantage that you don't have to cross the road to get to the pool and dining facilities. We always book through Abi Travel and they (Linda and Osii) book a specific room for us.
Regards
Tyros

Offline tuttifrutti

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 08:01:49 PM »
We found Pirat 1 to be the best-believe it or not we found it quieter than Pirat 2-even though it is nearer to Yacht Point Bar! The sound seems to echo around Pirat 2. Also you get Pool Bar noise and Pool noise in Pirat 2. Lots of steps in Pirat2, lift in Pirat1.  To be fair wherever you stay in the village centre is quite noisy, my friends who regularly stay at the Pirat say the double glazing and air conditioning are great! The Pirat is a lovely place to sit during the day and watch the harbour comings and goings. The staff are great and if you really didn't like your room you can always ask to move.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »
I have never stayed at the Pirat but have walked up the steps at the back of Pirat 1 many times and have to say I would be horrified if I was staying in one of these rooms. There is no view and the balcony isn't big enough to sit on.

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »
We're with you Tuttifrutti. Staff are great and noise has never bothered us; we love being virtually in the harbour with reasonable balcony in the corner rooms. However, we would not like back rooms. Steffi have you asked if you can change room as they are normally very accommodating at the Pirat.
Regards
Tyros

Offline steffi30

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 01:29:08 PM »
Thank you all for your advice!  I have contacted the hotel and for a small supplement, we have changed to a sea view room so I am a happy bunny! ;D
Haven't specified Pirat 1 or 11 so we'll take pot luck there.
Less than 2 weeks to go now and counting..............

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »
Steffi did you get my PM?
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline steffi30

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 02:06:51 PM »
Hi Blue Lizard - sorry, yes I did thank you very much!  I tried to reply to you but couldn't work out how to do it!  I have been on the Pirat website and it was a big help; as you say, it is great for the 360 views around restaurants, pools and inside the rooms as well.  I feel like know the hotel now!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Asfiya Sea View Hotel

Started by Polly15 on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post May 22, 2014, 09:47:23 PM
by Polly15
xx
Pirat Hotel

Started by seernyl on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post June 19, 2009, 06:15:21 PM
by Tyros
xx
Pirat Hotel

Started by chrissy1 on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post May 19, 2013, 06:59:58 PM
by chrissy1
xx
Pirat Hotel

Started by meejulie on Accommodation and Hotels

16 Replies
Last post May 07, 2012, 05:13:32 PM
by HolmfirthNicky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Antalya

Views: 3490
By: blondie
Alison and Paul