Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: La Vanta  (Read 6129 times)

Offline SarahLou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
La Vanta
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »
Hello Everyone
I am new to the site.  Just joined today.  Looks good!

I went to Olu Deniz years ago and have never been to Turkey since.  We have spent the last 10 or so years obsessively returning to Puerto Pollensa in Majorca.  Anyway,  having researched Kalkan I think we are going to love it.

I have booked a villa on the La Vanta complex.  I know that it is high up and miles away from the centre of Kalkan and this doesn't bother me because we have booked a car and my husband is perfectly happy to drive everywhere (bless him!).  I think the views will more than make up for the inconvenience.

I have spent hours on the internet looking for accommodation.  I eventually plumped for La Vanta because we wanted the privacy and space of a villa with it's own pool but we also wanted somewhere that the children (aged 11 and 10) might meet friends.  I am hoping that the main pool and clubhouse of La Vanta will be just the ticket!

I've done a search of La Vanta on this site and it's rarely mentioned.  Has anyone ever stayed?  Anyone got any tips?  I'm struggling to find much info.  I would love to know what the bar and restaurant is like?  Are the prices reasonable etc.

I hope someone here can help.  I will no doubt be posting lots of other questions on this forum too.

Thank you.
Sarah

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8944.0

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: La Vanta
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »
Is there a restaurant in La Vanta?  New to me, I'll be interested to know too.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »
Hi SarahLou

Welcome to the forum and well done on choosing Kalkan, I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I'm sorry I can't help you with your questions on La Vanta but I have a feeling I've read a couple of posts on here already re La Vanta. Have you tried the search facility?

I'm sure that someone will be able to answer your questions. Beware though, once you've been to Kalkan you WILL catch the bug that makes you return again and again!!  :laugh:

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 09:05:40 PM »
Lavanta have a facebook page and I am sure Christine will be able to give info about the restaurant. It's lovely up there and the accommodation is top

Ruth

Offline SarahLou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »
Thanks BaklavaBuddy.  I hope Christine sees my post - it would be great to have some extra info.

Sarah

Offline bankieken

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »
We visited La Vanta last year to see how it's development was progressing. At that time the Clubhouse and Bar were being managed by Hikmet, the owner of the Marina Restaurant below the Pirat Hotel in Kalkan.
Drinks were available on site - food orders were phoned in to the main restaurant and then brought up to La Vanta. I don't think the clubhouse and bar were open in the evening.  That may change in 2012.
The pool is large and the views are fantastic. We got a tour of the completed section of the development and the properties seemed to be well built and furnished to a high standard even although the plot sizes were small.

Offline Hobbit

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 05:15:05 PM »
Hi SarahLou,

Can't help on the Lavanta front, but grew up in Pto Pollensa and have now been visiting Kalkan for the last seven years, and moving there permanently in a couple of months- suspect that once you visit Kalkan, you won't want to return to Mallorca!  Think of the atmosphere and restaurants of old town Pollensa and the buzz of the Port, roll it back a decade or two to how Pollensa used to be, and that sums up Kalkan!  Great place, great people, great food!

Enjoy!

Offline kalkanspritzer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 07:59:37 AM »
Hi Sarah Lou
Sorry its taken a while to get back to you....I had a problem logging on to the forum.

I am so pleased that you have chosen to stay at LaVanta for your first visit to Kalkan. Whilst we are a 5 minute drive from town, most people find that they get the best of both worlds, the peace and quiet of LaVanta and the hustle and bustle of the town when they want it. Most of our rental guests do return which must say something. The club house is a focal point of the development - the pool is fabulous and allows kids the chance to met new friends whilst their parents enjoy a cold Efes or two!
It is true that the food used to be brought up from Marina, but this year we will be extending the opening hours and will prepare food on site. We will be discussing and finalising plans for the menu etc with Hikmet and Serkan very soon. But we will certainly be open to serve breakfast, lunch and probably more of a snack menu early evening - most people to choose to go into town to one of the many fabulous restaurants in the evening! Last year we introduced a twice weekly barbecue lunch and that proved very popular with lots of people coming from town and ending up staying until the sun went down. There really is no better place to sit and watch the sunset.
I'm sure you will have a fab time - let me know when you are coming and which Villa you are staying in and I will make sure to look out for you and if you have any other questions just give me a shout. Also have a look at our LaVantaKalkan facebook page...I post on there every day.
Now we just need to raise awareness and make sure that all of our new and returning guests post on the forum to spread the word.
Take care
Chris

Offline kalkanspritzer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »
Sarah Lou
You might want to look at a couple of video clips I have recently posted on youtube
http://youtu.be/qE0WH6lnZlE
http://youtu.be/m_WQ8fqidpU

Should give you a feel for the place

Chris

Offline SarahLou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 07:16:24 PM »
Hi Chris
I've only just seen that you have posted replies to my La Vanta queries.  I am so excited to hear from someone with so much information.

Are you the owner of the complex?  The clubhouse etc sounds as if it will be perfect for us.  Our children no longer enjoy isolated villa holidays so having a central area to meet people will be fabulous. Great to be able to have a few drinks without having a long walk back to the villa.   The barbecue sounds like a definite must for us too.

Our two week holiday isn't until August 13th but I'm really looking forward to it.

Thank you so much for your posts
I'm just about to look at your videos now.

Also - thank you to Hobbit.  I am sure we will love Kalkan.  I can't wait!! 

Sarah

Offline SarahLou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 07:38:16 PM »
Hello again Chris
I am trying to find your facebook page and nothing is coming up.  I have a facebook account and I have searched lavantakalkan but I can't see anything.  Where am I going wrong?

Sarah

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 08:31:34 AM »
Hi SaraLou
I have just looked and if u just put LaVanta in the search box of facebook it brings it straight up as LaVanta kalkan, also we went to cala D'or in majorca twice a year for 15 years until we found Kalkan and now would never go back to Spain you have made totally the right choice and will fall in love with kalkan just like the rest of us I bet.
Chrissy

Offline tuppy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »
Hi Chrissy

I have a few questions regarding the LaVanta complex.

Firstly how close are you to the Kalamar Ceach club? We visited last year and found this to be the best beach club by far. Also do you have to pay to use the facilities there if you are staying at LaVanta, same as you would if they had paid for your taxi from the main town.

Secondly how many apartments do you have and do you have any that include a rooftop terrace? I would like some prices for the first week in September but can PM you for them if you prefer.

Thirdly are there any supermarkets close by, just for the daily essentials?

And lastly roughly how much would a taxi cost to the main town on an evening and could we use the boat taxis to get to kalkan town in the daytime?

Any infor much appreciated!

Thanks, Tuppy

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »
La Vanta is up above the town off the main D400. The Kalamar beach Club may be diorectly down below La Vanta but there is no road/path and so I believe you would have to go down into Kalkan to the start of the Kalamar Road to get to Kalamar Beach Club (would need a taxi). I also don't think that there is a supermarket within a short walking distance.You wouldn't be able to use a boat transfer as you are up in the hills, away from the sea.

Offline kalkanspritzer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 03:30:47 PM »
Hi Tuppy

I am sorry that I have only picked up on your post.....still better late than never. Have you arranged your accommodation as yet for September?

If not and you are still looking at Lavanta, I can put you in touch with a number of owners who rent their properties and I am sure they would be happy to furnish you with any information you require

As you know we are up on the hill above Kalkan and it is literally a 4 minute drive to the centre of town. We do not have any special deal with the Kalamar Beach Club unfortunately, but I agree it is a great place to spend the day. However many people that stay here are happy to stay around the pool here - its a big 25 metre pool and has probably the best views in town. The club house is open all day serving food and drink

We do not have a shop as yet but it will be coming soon
Hope this helps and please message me if you need any further details

Chris

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
The La Vanta Complex

Started by DRBD on General Discussion

27 Replies
Last post September 07, 2008, 08:34:06 PM
by Kas
xx
La Vanta Owners - anyone there!?

Started by Charlie Hartley on Buying A Property & Real Estate

5 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 04:53:19 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal