Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: kalkan regency hotel  (Read 10794 times)

Offline buzby

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
kalkan regency hotel
« on: January 13, 2008, 02:07:50 PM »
Hi, I am thinking of holidaying in Kalkan this year and whilst doing my research, I came across this great web site.

Please could anybody give me their views on the Kalkan Regency hotel.  I have seen it on the Exclusive Escapes web site but it does not seem to feature anywhere else. It looks good though, as does the village itself. 

Has anyone heard of Exclusive Escapes? Are they a good company?

Many thanks,
Buzby.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=999.0

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: kalkan regency hotel
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 03:07:14 PM »
Hi Buzby welcome to the site.

The Kalkan Regency is a lovely hotel and it has a wonderful view across the bay from their beautiful terraces. There''s also a Spa downstairs with a traditional Turkish Bath, which you get to use free if you are a guest. I usually go there for a treatment at the start of a summer holiday as it helps improve the tan as well as helping to relieve the stress. The maseuses there are really good and usually find the problem areas in an instant!  The public are allowed to use the spa and have drinks etc.

However, friends of mine that have gone for drinks say that it is a bit pompous and I''ve heard the food is not as good as it could be. Apparently you can get better from the restaurants in town. There''s certainly loads to choose from in town. Coast, Aubergine and the new Trio restaurant by the harbour are all good.

Exclusive Escapes also rent out villas, mainly on the other side of the bay in Kislar and Kumerluk. They do have some wonderful villas there with fantastic views. They are a good company and have a good reputation. So if you did decide to stay there I am sure you would enjoy it.

Personally, I think you will have a fantastic time wherever you stay. I would rather spend my money on going to the wonderful restaurants each night. There are some excellent little boutique hotels that are closer to town. The only difference being maybe the size of the bedroom being bigger at the Regency. But unless it''s a honeymoon how much time would you be spending in your room! ;)

Whatever you decide, you''ll love Kalkan and its people - it''s a very special place  :)

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »
Exclusive escapes are a fab company so much better than the likes of thomas cookes thompsoms etc, you will be fine with them, although they are expensive.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 09:11:30 AM »
Hi Buzby - Im with Rosie here - you will be fine travelling with Exclusive Escapes -they are a fairly upmarket travel company.  The regency is a fine hotel - reputedly one of the best, if not the best in kalkan.  I have been there and looked around whilst friends used the spa and turkish bath and experienced what other people have told me - that it is slightly pompous, and unfriendly.  Not that you would notice that - unless you had stayed in smaller hotels in kalkan and experienced the wonderful turkish hospitality that you get there.  So it might not bother you!

I too - would prefer to eat in town and experience the wonderful turkish cuisine and stay in a smaller, more intimate friendly hotel where the guests and staff become your lifelong friends.  The location is fine - a fair walk along the Kalamar road - but fairly flat and therefore not too strenuous!!

However as other people have said - you will LOVE kalkan!

Enjoy!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »
I stayed in the Regency the first time we went to Kalkan, when it was with Tapestry. It was at the start of Iran/Iraq troubles &we got a fortnight for £250 EACH, INCLUDING FLIGHTS!!!
The hotel is very elegant, lovely pool & a stunning bar but I would be very disappointed had I paid full price for it - the rooms are not at all big - just room for two singles & a tiny balcony. When we were there the clientelle was a mixture - of last minute cheapskates (like us) & some very posh (and annoyed) peeps who had booked a long time before & had paid full price.  ;D
A (single) friend of mine was there last summer & she described the other peeps as the sort who changed their bikinis 3 times a day & had a matching sarong, toning hat & sandals for each bikini!! In her mid 40''s - she felt she was one of the younger crowd there.
Very few people eat there in the evenings - so the place is a bit deserted from 7.30 - 11pm. That is apart from Turkish evening. We went to that last year (were invited) & I must say the food was not a patch on anything else I''ve eaten in Kalkan - very bland indeed.

Offline baggies

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 11:03:47 PM »
I have travelled with Exclusive twice and they are a fab company to go to Turkey with and as they charter the whole plane the flight is good as well. They are a lot more expensive though so this year going with the new tapestry back to Islamlar. Not stayed at the Kalkan regency but recommend the spa and baths there.If you do chose it only go b and b as the restaurants in Kalkan are superb (that is why I am going back!)

Offline sue1945

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 11:31:02 AM »
Well I am surprised i have been staying at the Regency for 7 years not pompous at all very friendly the staff and owners are warm and welcoming. We always eat out because of the choice but breakfasts are wonderful Exclusive Escapes are the best

Offline alice

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 11:19:20 AM »
I too have stayed at the regency twice. I am only 20 and stayed with my family both times, but never found it to be pompous or anything of the sort, the guests were all lovely. The staff are brilliant, and the hotel is magnificent. I am planning on returning to Kalkan with my boyfriend this year but we don''t think we can afford the Kalkan Regency so are looking into apartments/villas. (If anyone knows any etc please mail me).

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 11:24:02 AM »
Hi Alice
Have just sent you a message.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan Regency Boutique Hotel Indian Food Night

Started by stash on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

50 Replies
Last post June 21, 2010, 02:47:48 PM
by dancing ninja
question
Barbeque night at The Regency Hotel or Turkish Night at the Likya hotel

Started by Slj60 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 10:52:27 AM
by tonik1945
question
Regency Hotel barbeque Night

Started by Slj60 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post July 17, 2012, 07:35:00 PM
by suziq
recycled
Kalkan Regency

Started by dawny on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 12, 2009, 07:08:30 PM
by dawny

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

harbour3

Views: 4212
By: irfan
Meis