Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Distance to 'Town'  (Read 3142 times)

Offline AlbionFan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Distance to 'Town'
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »
Hi

I think I am staying at a place on Zeytinilik Cd near the cross roads with Sardunya SK.

Question.

Is it a reasonable walk into the main town in the evening? Can I get a water taxi at one of the beach clubs? If so how do I go about doing so? Do I have to buy a drink at the bar or just pay the ferryman?

Second question.

Is the Zeytinilik Cd a busy road during the day? Does it have irritating mopeds whirring incessantly during the late hours.

Cheers

AF

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9403.0

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: Distance to 'Town'
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
Hi AlbionFan
It depends which end of Sardunya Sk you are.  If the southern end you are very close but if it's the northern end near the Patara Prince resort it's about 20 min walk.  There is a water taxi from Patara Prince to the harbour for a small fee. I think it usually runs till about 7pm and ferries back and forth most of the day from about 10am.   I wouldn't say it's very busy along there - most people use the main road unless needing direct access to anywhere along there.  If you haven't  been to Kalkan before there isn't really anywhere that is extremely noisy!!  It's mostly traffic free in the centre of town in the summer and out of town the D400 is the main road to get from A to B.  You might like to look at the KTLN (Kalkan Turkish Local News) website which has loads of info and a map of the town.
Hope that's useful. S  :) 8)

Offline AlbionFan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »
Thank you.

As I said we are at the cross roads with Zeytinlik Cd which I guess is at the north end.

7 pm is a little early so I guess we will walk and get a taxi back. Is the walk on a made up road or a dusty track and is it well lit?

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »
Had another look and think I know where you mean - you are probably about 10 mins walk from the very centre a bit uphill on the way back but pretty good location.  The road on the satellite looks quite good and I think recent so probably fine.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 01:45:28 PM »
Not sure but is that the road that's closed due to the rockfall?
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 12:07:49 AM »
No that's the path from the town beach to Komurluk, lower down. There does appear to be some work going on further along towards the centre of Kalkan on the continuation of this road - near the Dere complex. It was incredibly difficult to walk along last year as it was an unfinished road, not sure if its been concreted over yet - would be good to know.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Painter Man

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 11:45:24 AM »
No it is not concreted over, they are working on the D400 side building a large/thick retaining wall to stop the D400 sliding down the slope. You can walk along it quiet easily and it is possible to drive along when the road is not blocked by JCBs. The wall is currently about half way along from Komerlik and looks like it will end just passed the Derre apartments.
They have been working on this retaining wall since early April and it has been very noisey with the rock breakers working most days. Some holiday makers have had to be moved out of the apartments near the road to alternative accommodation due to the noise. Hopefully it will finish within a few days.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villa within walking distance of KAS town

Started by jstjdsunshine on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post October 05, 2008, 08:27:14 PM
by jstjdsunshine
xx
Distance to Bodrum from Kalan

Started by onelove on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post June 21, 2012, 05:33:11 AM
by onelove
xx
Distance to Kalkan? Villa

Started by SUSIEJAS on Accommodation and Hotels

12 Replies
Last post April 19, 2009, 04:44:15 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Kalamar Dream - walkable distance? taxi cost?

Started by Llondon on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post January 21, 2012, 01:15:19 PM
by hobbo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal