Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Distance to Kalkan? Villa  (Read 3845 times)

Offline SUSIEJAS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Distance to Kalkan? Villa
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »
Dear All
http://www.kalkanluxuryrentals.com Property 009VC

We are about to book this villa and wanted to know exactly if it is possible to walk into town during the evening? The details state 15 mins! The people at Kalkan luxury rentals have been so helpful and I have already asked soooo many questions!

Is there a path or would we have to walk on the road? How much would a taxi cost?

Thanks for you help..this is our first time to Kalkan and we are taking our 19 year old daughter
who has not been well, she can walk but we want a bit more information if possible.
Thanks
Susiejas

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3259.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Distance to Kalkan? Villa
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 09:51:21 PM »
To get into Kalkan from the villa you need to walk up to the main road, walk along the roadside (no footpath but has a bit of untarmaced land at the side) then down into the town. An alternative if you are going out very early is to walk down to the nearby Palm Beach club, have a drink there and then catch the last boat from there to Kalkan (which is free but you should spend some money in the beach club if you are going to use their boat).

As the boat finishes very early evening, coming back it is either a walk up to the main road (which is quite a long walk up if you have been anywhere other than at the top of the town), back along the not very well lit main road and then down to the villa or you will need a taxi.

I don''t know the taxi price, perhaps someone else can help you with this. If one of the party isn''t strong enough to walk far then in my opinion it might be a bit much so you will need to factor in taxi money.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »
You might be able to use the Patara Prince shuttle boat service also - I think its about 4 lira per person each way but could be wrong.

We always walk into town but very rarely if ever walk back and instead get a taxi, as mentioned the main road is not very well lit and traffic can be travelling quickly on the road.

Offline timwhit

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »
EnjoyKalkan Admin

Post Removed
Reason: Moderation complaint received.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:55:19 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 07:19:09 AM »
If your daughter has not been well and has difficulty walking uphill, you should either hire a car or count on taking taxis.  The hill up to the main road is long and steep, then there is the walk into town.  Car hire may be cheaper than taking taxis if you plan to go into town more than 1x / day.  With a car you also have the freedom to visit the many things to see in the surrounding area.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 08:06:02 AM »
The villa is quite close to town(about 300 m as the crow flies) but at least 15 minutes up the hill and into town. There is a track that some of the cleaners use but you woudn''t want to try it in the dark or if you were unfit (it''s very steep and leads down to the town beech) The Patara Prince boat is too far away and even the palm Beech boat will leave you with a 5 minute uphill journey back to the villa.The best bet is a taxi or car hire. The position with no villas infront and standing facing the bay and overlooking the harbour is unique and almost unbeatable truly spectacular.

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 08:18:49 AM »
Looking at the site I would have thought you would be better closer in. Not many villas that fulfill that suggestion but quite a few apartments. Some of these are in small blocks so you''re not sharing with lots of people. You haven''t mentioned the time of year you are thinking of but if it is in the summer it gets very hot for long walks up and down hill.

Bevjam
Carpe diem

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
I often look at this villa admiringly from our terrace at Patara Prince. It looks stunning and I would say it is probabaly worth the money especially if there is a few of you. We often say we would love to own somewhere like that, the views will be stunning. There is a bit a hill to walk up going up to the main road so you would be best using a taxi but they will be pretty cheap from there.

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 12:45:53 PM »
You didn''t give any dates, but I would suggest if you are going in the peak of summer you hire a car, as any walk in July/Aug is hot and tiring.

As mentioned before, a car also gives you so much more freedom.  The main roads around Kalkan are fine to drive on, and you can visit so many places in your own time,  that will cost you much more on a tour.  The rent-a-car company recommended on this site are very competitive.

The villa you are renting looks stunning, so I would go for it!

Offline SUSIEJAS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
Thanks to everyone. We have booked as the year has been a very tought one and we have all worked extra jobs to pay for the lovely villa.  :) So we look forward to a great first time in Kalkan. Any information about what to do, where to eat etc would be great. We would love a boat trip whilst we are there.
Thank you to the lovely people on this forum who are so informative and helpful Susanne x

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 08:05:10 AM »
when you are on the forum ..click onto home..it will give you lots of subsections..scroll down to restaurants etc ,things to do etc..if you see something you like i''m sure someone will know more... ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 08:16:36 AM »
Hi I''m sure you will enjoy your first visit to Kalkan......we did and keep coming back. Its difficult to recommend restaurants as there are so many catering for all budgets my advice would be walk into town and try a different one each night. My personal choice is the rooftop terraces rather than the harbour although I like Salt & Pepper and Aubergines.....again your spoilt for choice.

If its a day on the Med you are looking at then I would recommend "Romantik" we always hire the larger of the two boats..the cost is around £200 if you want the boat to yourself..bit extravagant but well worth it. The young crew serve up a fantastic lunch along with fruit and tea and cakes during the day and take you to some really nice places to swim off the boat and take in the sun and sea air.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 04:44:15 PM »
Susiejas,
we stayed in Kormurluk last year - I know this villa, it''s absolutely fabulous - the views are stunning and you will have the sun on your terrace until really late - sometimes we were still sitting out sunbathing at 8pm last June. As other posters have said, it really depends what time of year you are going, but we walked in and out of Kalkan day and night from Kormurluk and it wasn''t too arduous. The walk up to the Kas Road will be the hardest bit - from then on it''s flat then goes downhill. Coming back - steep coming out of town intially then flat and downhill. I''d definitiely try walking at least once to see if it is something you and your daughter can cope with, if not the options for car hire and taxis are numerous. If you are going to walk, pack a small torch - a lot of the properties have them anyway - as once you get off the Kas Road it is not as well lit and a torch comes in handy.
Have a wonderful holiday ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villa within walking distance of KAS town

Started by jstjdsunshine on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post October 05, 2008, 08:27:14 PM
by jstjdsunshine
xx
Distance to 'Town'

Started by AlbionFan on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post May 10, 2012, 11:45:24 AM
by Painter Man
xx
Distance to Bodrum from Kalan

Started by onelove on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post June 21, 2012, 05:33:11 AM
by onelove
xx
Kalamar Dream - walkable distance? taxi cost?

Started by Llondon on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post January 21, 2012, 01:15:19 PM
by hobbo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Ephesus

Views: 3309
By: blondie
cafe